Nominate Stalker0's skill challenge maths thread for sticky status

Byronic

First Post
Stick it. And while we're at it can someone post links to the threads in THIS thread. For people who've forgotten what it is.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Guys, threads aren't stickied on a nomination basis. In addition, no one ever looks at or posts in stickied threads; their view count drops precipitously.

Piratecat said:
Guys, threads aren't stickied on a nomination basis. In addition, no one ever looks at or posts in stickied threads; their view count drops precipitously.
I think it's less about boosting the post count of a popular thread and more about having a very useful and widely lauded reference in an easily accessible location (especially for those of us without a search feature).

Harr

First Post
While I agree that it should be read by everybody with questions about skill challenges, I think if that thread were to be stickied here it would be taken by people in general as some sort of endorsement or support of the ideas within, something like ENWorld itself standing in criticism of WotC, which they understandably don't want to get into, and I don't think we should be encouraging them to.

Just keep the link/bookmark handy :)

AntiPaladin

First Post
Disagree, no sticky necessary.

It is a good post by normal standards, but he makes assumptions and uses questionable mathematical techniques that detract from his argument. This is in addition to the logical fallacies contained within his premises.

I would nominate it for flavor of the month instead, I imagine most DMs won't have a problem making skill challenges work.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
The idea is that skill challenges are such a big part of the game that there's one almost every day that says something like

"It seems that if I make a normal group of characters do a skill challenge, they'll usually fail - is it just me?"

Rather than having to hash out the entire thread over again in the new thread (and why simply adjusting the DCs won't fix the problem), people can just be pointed to the old one.

Note: I'm completely not interested in stickying Stalker0's proposed revised version, just the thread where he details how the existing system fails.

Remove ads