Nominate your favorite TTRPG podcast of 2021

As December approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year! Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As December approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year!

rpg_podcast.jpg

Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each years, two podcasts win and enter the HALL OF FAME. Once a podcast has entered the Hall of Fame, it is no longer eligible in future years.

ACTUAL PLAY podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. TALK podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Here are last year's winners -- What Would The Smart Party Do?, and The Unexpectables. Who will take the crown and join the Hall of Fame in 2021?

How To Nominate
  • Post your nomination as a reply to this thread.
  • One nomination per person per category.
  • Must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2021.
  • Include the podcast name (tbe accurate) -- and a LINK to the show's website. If I have to search for it I’ll just move on!
  • Note which category your nomination is in -- ACTUAL PLAY or TALK.
  • PODCASTS, not YouTube channels or Twitch streams.
  • It cannot be your podcast or one you are involved with.
  • Its primary focus must be tabletop roleplaying games.
  • If a group puts out multiple podcasts, they are combined into one nomination.
  • Those which have won before are not eligible.
  • Please say why, as we read those comment out on the show.
Nominations will be open until Friday December 3rd. After that the shows will be put to the public vote and the winners announced on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast.

Be sure to follow the above rules. I’ll only be compiling valid nominations which do so!

Previous Winners
These podcasts won in previous years and are now in the Hall of Fame. They are not eligible this year.

starwest

First Post
I'd like to nominate Unplaytested for the Talk category. Drawing from a random result on their big list of game ideas, Lara and Alex (along with their guest designers) riff a new game into creation, coming up with the core framework and system on the fly. They then follow up by giving the game a whirl on their live stream to see whether it holds up or if the game falls apart in an epic disaster.

Podcast: Unplaytested
Episodes: Episodes — Unplaytested
Twitter: @unplaytested
Category: Talk

Note: While they also have an Actual Play, that's on their live stream; the podcast itself belongs in the Talk category.

Krippe81

Villager

Emmetation

Explorer
Actual Play Podcast
Questward

Questward is one of the most enjoyable actual play podcasts available, and one of my favourites I've ever listened to. They have excellent production qualities and a diverse cast of players and characters with great chemistry. Their stories are exciting, charming, funny, and have a real emotional weight. They are the only podcast around that I listen to as soon as it drops and they absolutely need more eyes and ears on them.

Leeanaoshea

First Post
Category: Actual Play
Who: The Old Ways Podcast
Web: The Old Ways Podcast
Why: The Old Ways Podcast is a brilliant long form actual play of established campaigns. Rich character backstory and forward development shows just how much the Keeper and the players are devoted to the craft of their story. On top of two long form weekly releases, there are side quest episodes that give listeners a taste of other systems that show spectacular diversity. With news of the upcoming third campaign, I cannot recommend this show more.

Yvonne

Villager
As December approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year!

View attachment 147083

Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each years, two podcasts win and enter the HALL OF FAME. Once a podcast has entered the Hall of Fame, it is no longer eligible in future years.

ACTUAL PLAY podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. TALK podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Here are last year's winners -- What Would The Smart Party Do?, and The Unexpectables. Who will take the crown and join the Hall of Fame in 2021?

How To Nominate
  • Include the podcast name (tbe accurate) -- and a LINK to the show's website. If I have to search for it I’ll just move on!
Nominations will be open until Friday December 3rd. After that the shows will be put to the public vote and the winners announced on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast.

Be sure to follow the above rules. I’ll only be compiling valid nominations which do so!

Previous Winners
These podcasts won in previous years and are now in the Hall of Fame. They are not eligible this year.

Yvonne

Villager
I want to nominate Sweden Rolls !
It's so funny and sad and terrifying!
And The original background musik they make for it is so god!
They're the best!

ArtemisLiCa

First Post
Nominating:
Dice Shame

Category:
Actual Play

Why:
This show is funny and heartfelt. I have literally laughed out loud listening to this on many occasions. The characters are fun and the DM, Jo, makes the plot and NPCs come alive. The slow reveal of the characters as we follow them on their journey is exciting and as fun as the adventures they experience.

I can't recommend this podcast enough!!

View attachment 147083

How To Nominate

Previous Winners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads