Nominate your favorite TTRPG podcast of 2022

As December's end approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year! Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and...

As December's end approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year!

rpg_podcast.jpg

Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each years, two podcasts win and enter the HALL OF FAME. Once a podcast has entered the Hall of Fame, it is no longer eligible in future years.

ACTUAL PLAY podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. TALK podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Here are last year's winners -- Miskatonic University Podcast, and Sweden Rolls. Who will take the crown and join the Hall of Fame for 2022?

How To Nominate
  • Post your nomination as a reply to this thread.
  • One nomination per person per category.
  • Must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2022.
  • Include the podcast name (be accurate) -- and a LINK to the show's website. If I have to search for it I’ll just move on! No linky, no nommy.
  • Note which category your nomination is in -- ACTUAL PLAY or TALK.
  • PODCASTS, not YouTube channels or Twitch streams.
  • It cannot be your podcast or one you are involved with.
  • Its primary focus must be tabletop roleplaying games.
  • If a group puts out multiple podcasts, they are combined into one nomination.
  • Those which have won before are not eligible.
  • Please say why, as we read those comment out on the show.
Nominations will be open until Friday December 30th. After that the shows will be put to the public vote and the winners announced on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast.

Be sure to follow the above rules. I’ll only be compiling valid nominations which do so!

Previous Winners
These podcasts won in previous years and are now in the Hall of Fame. They are not eligible this year.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I mean I'll nominate the lazy d&d podcast for mike.

It's the main one I listen to honestly.
It's a great antidote to both the "omg, the sky is falling" posts here and "WotC is complete trash; you should set fire to all your 5E books" YouTube videos and the unvarnished PR coming out of the company itself.

I may not agree with everything Mike says, but it's hard to not see it as well-reasoned.

And A-1 advice for DMs, which is the primary reason I listen/watch.

Jacob Vardy

Explorer
Psst! Folks! No linky, no nommy. No nommy, I have to edit around Morrus complaining. I know that you know that we know the link, but the rules are the rules. What, do you think social media sites can just arbitrarily change the rules for their polls just to get the results the site owner wants?
I get the joke but i also edited the nomination. Will that make the editing easier?

Steve-TP

Villager
Have to nominate Dork Day Afternoon.

They’re an actual play podcast that currently runs a great Pathfinder session, and what is quite possibly the best actual play I’ve ever heard - a Twilight: 2000 4E game called “Two Past Midnight”.

Twilight: 2000 is a difficult setting, it’s grim, it echoes some real world concepts, it’s complex in its ideas on survival in a broken world, and Dork Day Afternoon nails it. Between Adam’s firm approach to running a firm game, to the group’s willingness to go into the weeds as it were. The real world experiences of many of the players also add an air of authenticity that you don’t get in many plays.

It gets heavy, there have been some legitimately intense moments, there have been flashbacks and side trips, all woven deftly. There’s also been some great humor that suits the game well without really being disrespectful or pulling the listener out of the game.

These guys are doing some incredible work.

cyenobite

Villager
Dork Day Afternoon
Actual Play
Dork Day Afternoon
I've really enjoyed their actual play of Twilight 2k (4e). They get into some background and character role play that is beyond just rolling the dice and shooting things. A nice mix of serious role play and having fun and joking.
(They also have a Pathfinder campaign and Delta Green games there too, but I've not had the chance to listen to those yet.)

The Roaring Trainers!!!! DEFINITELY my personal favorite actual play of this year, and possibly ever! I've listened to a good handful of TTRPG's and they completely took overly my life for a good month. I INSTANTLY fell in love in Season 1 with the witty charm of the characters. I then fell... heartbroken finding out it ended abruptly and never got finished... but then was picked up again by one of the C1 players in the DM slot! For what was supposed to be a quick pokemon fix in my adult life turned into my revitalized passion for pokemon as a whole! They are who inspired me to make my own region, pokemon, and start up my own pokemon campaign!!

Tatooineunited

Villager
I’d like to nominate Pink Fohawk.
Actual Play

I love this podcast mostly because of the humor and chemistry between the cast.
It doesn’t hurt that their production, post production and editing is pretty great.

Tatooineunited

Villager
I'd like to nominate Tabletop Journeys (Tabletop Journeys - Make your next role legendary). They offer a diversity of content, including actual plays, interviews with D&D third party creators, reviews of official WotC releases, as well as coverage of other TTRPG games and pop culture topics. Also, unlike a lot of podcast interviewers, the team really studies their subject before an interview so you really learn something rather than feeling like the interview is just fluff. On top of all of the above, they release new episodes frequently.
Good folks!

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads