• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nominate your favourite RPG podcasts of 2019!

It’s that time of year again! Nominate your favourite RPG podcasts of 2019. As a reminder, here are last year’s Top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s that time of year again! Nominate your favourite RPG podcasts of 2019. As a reminder, here are last year’s Top 10.

rpg_podcast.jpg

The winners last year in each category were The Good Friends of Jackson Elias (talk) and The Adventure Zone (actual play). As winners, they enter the Hall of Fame, secure in their victory for evermore, and aren't eligible this year.

Nomimate your favourite podcast by posting the podcast’s name and a link to the podcast in the comments below.

Rules:
  • there are two categories: TALK (news, reviews, opinions, interviews etc) and ACTUAL PLAY.
  • must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2019
  • the main focus must be tabletop RPGs
  • must not be your own podcast
  • must include a link to the podcast’s web page; no link, no nom!
  • list the individual podcasts, not producers who might make multiple podcasts; be specific which you mean
  • podcasts only, please, not Twitch streams, videos, TV shows, YouTube channels, etc., however awesome those things are!
Feel free to say why.

As always, if it’s not nominated, it won’t be in the main poll.

Nominations open for one week, until Tuesday 17th December. The poll will come shortly thereafter. The results will fittingly initially be announced in our podcast and posted here as an article later.

One final note. I do this every year, just like the the Anticipated RPG poll. However, unlike individual RPGs, podcasts are on ongoing venture. I'd like to note in advance that a podcast can only win this poll once.

Gothmama

Villager
ACTUAL PLAY: the Stubborn Heroes! They are a bunch of Canadian weirdos that make life awesome with an amazing homemade campaign! The DM actually build his own world and story, instead of just following a campaign, and its clear he put a lot of effort in it.

Gunnar_B

Villager
Well, for AP I'd like to nominate Sweden Rolls - really charming and fun Swedish podcast that plays Swedish RPGs mostly. Great acting and storytelling, and just the right amount of "table talk" for me. Good production as well.
For TALK I'd like to nominate Mud & Blood - nice mix of content with some AP as well, but I mostly listen to their other stuff, reviews and discussions.

The winners last year in each category were The Good Friends of Jackson Elias (talk) and The Adventure Zone (actual play). As winners, they enter the Hall of Fame, secure in their victory for evermore, and aren't eligible this year.

Rules:
  • there are two categories: TALK (news, reviews, opinions, interviews etc) and ACTUAL PLAY.
  • must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2019
  • the main focus must be tabletop RPGs
  • must not be your own podcast
  • must include a link to the podcast’s web page
  • list the individual podcasts, not producers who might make multiple podcasts; be specific which you mean
  • podcasts only, pease, not Twitch streams, videos, TV shows, YouTube channels, etc., however awesome those things are!
Feel free to say why.

As always, if it’s not nominated, it won’t be in the main poll.

Nominations open for one week, until Tuesday 17th December. The poll will come shortly thereafter. The results will fittingly initially be announced in our podcast and posted here as an article later.

One final note. I do this every year, just like the the Anticipated RPG poll. However, unlike individual RPGs, podcasts are on ongoing venture. I'd like to note in advance that a podcast can only win this poll once.

Jollyfox

Villager
I would like to nominate Tablestoy's Darkfire podcast for actual play.
It is a great cast of roleplayers , there are some emotional moments, great energy between the cast, an enthralling story and a strong balance between progression and character building.

On a brief read-through, it doesn't look like anyone nominated the brilliant actual-play podcast House of Bob. Yes, they played through Tomb of Annihilation, but they also have a hilarious Paranoia series, and the funniest actual-play episode you'll ever hear, in which they played the caveman RPG House of Og. They have professional-quality audio, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads