Nominate your favourite RPG podcasts of 2019!

It’s that time of year again! Nominate your favourite RPG podcasts of 2019. As a reminder, here are last year’s Top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s that time of year again! Nominate your favourite RPG podcasts of 2019. As a reminder, here are last year’s Top 10.

rpg_podcast.jpg

The winners last year in each category were The Good Friends of Jackson Elias (talk) and The Adventure Zone (actual play). As winners, they enter the Hall of Fame, secure in their victory for evermore, and aren't eligible this year.

Nomimate your favourite podcast by posting the podcast’s name and a link to the podcast in the comments below.

Rules:
  • there are two categories: TALK (news, reviews, opinions, interviews etc) and ACTUAL PLAY.
  • must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2019
  • the main focus must be tabletop RPGs
  • must not be your own podcast
  • must include a link to the podcast’s web page; no link, no nom!
  • list the individual podcasts, not producers who might make multiple podcasts; be specific which you mean
  • podcasts only, please, not Twitch streams, videos, TV shows, YouTube channels, etc., however awesome those things are!
Feel free to say why.

As always, if it’s not nominated, it won’t be in the main poll.

Nominations open for one week, until Tuesday 17th December. The poll will come shortly thereafter. The results will fittingly initially be announced in our podcast and posted here as an article later.

One final note. I do this every year, just like the the Anticipated RPG poll. However, unlike individual RPGs, podcasts are on ongoing venture. I'd like to note in advance that a podcast can only win this poll once.

FreeLikeGNU

First Post
I must nominate The Venture Maidens for Actual Play! These bold hearted players: Sage, Naseem, Brittany and Katie are challenged by their wickedly talented DM, Celeste. Together they create an epic journey in collaborative fantasy! There is lots of bawdy humor, love, danger, betrayal, exploration and lots of friendship in each episode! The Maidens do a great job of interacting with their fans through Twitter, Discord, Patreon and chat in their Twitch stream too! They have guests from other podcasts and the team members are great fun when they appear in other shows. I love them all.

If I can nominate more than one Actual Play I'd like to add:
Dames & Dragons whip-smart, giggle-fest, meme-factory like jam on toast!
Legends of Chel - an intimate, low-key journey. I want to be a dog curled up on a rug by this table.

Last edited:

supersharayah

First Post
I nominate Make Believe Heroes! Their podcast is amazing! Storylines, DM, Characters, Players, Editing, EVERYTHING. You can really tell that they put their blood, sweat, and tears into every aspect of what they do. I’ve laughed, I’ve cried, and I’ve yelled while listening to this podcast. You get so wrapped up in the story and the characters. It often feels like you’re sitting right alongside them at the table. DM, Paul Shirley, is awesome! He does a great job of coloring this home brewed world of Manumi and he’s extremely talented in playing NPCs. The players have great chemistry and wonderful stories and backstories. It’s hilarious to hear them interact with one another and joke around as they all tell this amazing story that always keeps you on the edge of your seat. Not only that, but I’ve learned so much about D&D and RP. I HIGHLY recommend you check them out!

Fordhome1

Villager

I nominate “Sneak Attack” I listen to a TON of DND or Pathfinder actual play podcasts and I have never found one that has as much fun together as this group does. The DM is a good story teller who builds his own world and the players are very unique. You never know exactly what you will get, comedy/drama/suspense/action. They work really hard to put out a great product and it is not their full time jobs. They are a smaller one, and maybe they don’t have quite the backlog or haven’t gone in live tours, but they have definitely carved out a corner for themselves in the Actual Play Podcast realm and I think they deserve some recognition for that

Fishbonius

Villager

The winners last year in each category were The Good Friends of Jackson Elias (talk) and The Adventure Zone (actual play). As winners, they enter the Hall of Fame, secure in their victory for evermore, and aren't eligible this year.

Nomimate your favourite podcast by posting the podcast’s name and a link to the podcast in the comments below.

Rules:
  • there are two categories: TALK (news, reviews, opinions, interviews etc) and ACTUAL PLAY.
  • must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2019
  • the main focus must be tabletop RPGs
  • must not be your own podcast
  • must include a link to the podcast’s web page; no link, no nom!
  • list the individual podcasts, not producers who might make multiple podcasts; be specific which you mean
  • podcasts only, please, not Twitch streams, videos, TV shows, YouTube channels, etc., however awesome those things are!
Feel free to say why.

As always, if it’s not nominated, it won’t be in the main poll.

Nominations open for one week, until Tuesday 17th December. The poll will come shortly thereafter. The results will fittingly initially be announced in our podcast and posted here as an article later.

One final note. I do this every year, just like the the Anticipated RPG poll. However, unlike individual RPGs, podcasts are on ongoing venture. I'd like to note in advance that a podcast can only win this poll once.
I am Nominating Chronosphere Fiction podcast for their actual play series Port Locke and their adaption Gafgarn the Eternally Unfurnished.
both of these series are extremely well done, enthralling, and engaging. The sound design and quality is exceptional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads