Nominate your favourite RPG podcasts of 2019!

It’s that time of year again! Nominate your favourite RPG podcasts of 2019. As a reminder, here are last year’s Top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s that time of year again! Nominate your favourite RPG podcasts of 2019. As a reminder, here are last year’s Top 10.

rpg_podcast.jpg

The winners last year in each category were The Good Friends of Jackson Elias (talk) and The Adventure Zone (actual play). As winners, they enter the Hall of Fame, secure in their victory for evermore, and aren't eligible this year.

Nomimate your favourite podcast by posting the podcast’s name and a link to the podcast in the comments below.

Rules:
  • there are two categories: TALK (news, reviews, opinions, interviews etc) and ACTUAL PLAY.
  • must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2019
  • the main focus must be tabletop RPGs
  • must not be your own podcast
  • must include a link to the podcast’s web page; no link, no nom!
  • list the individual podcasts, not producers who might make multiple podcasts; be specific which you mean
  • podcasts only, please, not Twitch streams, videos, TV shows, YouTube channels, etc., however awesome those things are!
Feel free to say why.

As always, if it’s not nominated, it won’t be in the main poll.

Nominations open for one week, until Tuesday 17th December. The poll will come shortly thereafter. The results will fittingly initially be announced in our podcast and posted here as an article later.

One final note. I do this every year, just like the the Anticipated RPG poll. However, unlike individual RPGs, podcasts are on ongoing venture. I'd like to note in advance that a podcast can only win this poll once.

I'm going to nominate:

Behold Her - Listening to this never fails to inspire. I'm always excited for my next gaming session afterwards.

Plot Points - Ben Riggs' research is exemplary and a wonderful documentary of the hobby.

The Appendix N Book Club - Not sure if this one counts or not, but nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? I love their discussions of that list of old fantasy literature from the DMG. Also, that they don't just give problematic elements an "it was just that way back then" pass, instead tackling them head-on.

MeggaraNorth

First Post
Nominating Dungeons & Randomness for Actual Play. I don't know that I have words to coherently describe how much I love this podcast, but I can say that never have I ever found a more immersive podcast, genre notwithstanding. The world is so deep and detailed, the DM is incredibly dedicated and creative, and the cast are wonderfully talented.

Hououin Kyouma

Villager

The winners last year in each category were The Good Friends of Jackson Elias (talk) and The Adventure Zone (actual play). As winners, they enter the Hall of Fame, secure in their victory for evermore, and aren't eligible this year.

Rules:
  • theee are two categories: TALK (news, reviews, opinions, interviews etc) and ACTUAL PLAY.
  • must include a link to the podcast’s web page
  • list the individual podcasts, not producers who might make multiple podcasts; be specific which you mean
  • podcasts only, pease, not Twitch streams, videos, TV shows, YouTube channels, etc., however awesome those things are!
Feel free to say why.

Nominations open for one week, until Tuesday 17th December. The poll will come shortly thereafter. The results will fittingly initially be announced in our podcast and posted here as an article later.

One final note. I do this every year, just like the the Anticipated RPG poll. However, unlike individual RPGs, podcasts are on ongoing venture. I'd like to note in advance that a podcast can only win this poll once.
I nominate https://riftwakepodcast.com/

Rules:
  • theee are two categories: TALK (news, reviews, opinions, interviews etc) and ACTUAL PLAY.
  • podcasts only, pease, not Twitch streams, videos, TV shows, YouTube channels, etc., however awesome those things are!
Feel free to say why.

Nominating Riftwake (https://riftwakepodcast.com/) for best actual play, and Rifts and RUles for best talk show.

apreuss1

Villager

Rules:
Feel free to say why.

It has problem been mentioned but Dungeons and Randomness for Actual Play category.

techiecarer

Villager
Nominating Kollok 1991 (Actual Play)
A Kids on Bikes actual play which has an extremely talented cast, along with great sound design (including custom music made for their game) and a brilliant horror/thriller/suspense story.

I would like to second the podcast Pretending to Be People. This is a podcast which showcases incredible role-playing via the players, exceptional storytelling, and intricate sound design. It is a very approachable podcasts which highlights a under represented tabletop game and genre.

The amount of thought places on the environment, the expertly weaved foreshadowing, and the dedication of the participants to the tenants of role-playing make this a very competitive contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads