Nominate Your Favourite RPG Podcasts of 2020!

It’s that time of year again! Nominate your favourite RPG podcasts of 2019. As a reminder, here are last year’s Top 10, and here's 2018. Who will take the crown for 2020? As always, the podcasts are divided into two categories: ACTUAL PLAY and TALK. Actual Play podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. Talk podcasts include...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s that time of year again! Nominate your favourite RPG podcasts of 2019. As a reminder, here are last year’s Top 10, and here's 2018. Who will take the crown for 2020?

rpg_podcast.jpg

As always, the podcasts are divided into two categories: ACTUAL PLAY and TALK. Actual Play podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. Talk podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Hall of Fame
Last year's winners were Tablestory (Actual Play) and The Grognard Files (Talk). These two podcasts joined The Adventure Zone, and The Good Friends of Jackson Elias in the Hall of Fame, and are not eligible to enter this year.

How it works
This is the nomination thread. In this thread, anybody can nominate their favourite tabletop RPG podcast in each of two categories (Actual Play, and Talk).

Once the nominations close, they will be compiled and the full (valid) list presented in a poll for public voting.

The Top 10 in each category will be announced first on Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk, and then later posted here to the website.

Rules for valid nominations:
  • podcasts, not videos
  • must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2020
  • the main focus must be tabletop RPGs
  • must not be your own podcast
  • must include a link to the podcast’s web page
  • if a group puts out multiple podcasts, they are combined into one nomination
  • say why
  • podcasts in the Hall of Fame are no longer eligible
  • one nomination per category per person only

Nominations open for two weeks, until Sunday 29th November. The poll will come shortly thereafter. The results will fittingly initially be announced in our podcast and posted here as an article later.

Nominate your favourite by posting in the replies. You only get to nominate one in each category (Talk, Actual Play). Make sure to check the rules above or your nomination may not valid.

nbmin

First Post
Actual Play:

Tabletop Potluck (TABLETOP POTLUCK)

Why: Delightfully queer, presenters who clearly have a lot of fun together, great stories and a potluck episode at the end of each arc with food that matches the game, and reviews of the game's systems and how everyone enjoyed it.

Bugbug

First Post
Category: Actual Play
Name: Not A Test
Why: Full of 80's nostalgia, super engaging plot and characters, feels like listening to a conversation of your friends.

SimiDavid95

Villager
Actual Play: Wildcards, from Saving Throw Show

Link: Wildcards

Why: They are a dedicated and passionate group of roleplayers and storytellers who know how to engage the audience with highly immersive campaigns and a top-tier production value. They all vibe so perfectly well together, and that translates to an excellent experience for the listeners.

Craig Page

Villager
For Actual Play. ReMemorex: Not a Test

Link: Not A Test Podcast

Why: A cast of deeply related characters deal with the horrors of growing up, the horrors that lurk in their hometown and the horror of '80s nostalgia in this game. Rich in Lore and character role play.

HolyCaGnolli

First Post
Category: talk
Monsters and Multiclass is my favorite 5e talk podcast. They get nice and crunchy with my favorite mechanic of the game, and they teach me so many things I did not know about monsters.
monstersandmulticlass.com

Luxeboi

Villager
I would like to nominate the league of ultimate questing, the story is incredible, the in world commercials make me bust up laughing every time, it's heartfelt and emotional, and the way that the team interacts with the fans is nothing short of phenomenal

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I'm guessing The League of Ultimate Questing just tweeted or something. :)
Lot's of "First Post" and "villagers" nominating it, so yeah.

Also, to all of those folks - these are just the nominations. The more nominations for the same podcast makes no difference. (Voting is coming, Morrus will tell us when - that's when you'll want to pile on!)

But welcome to ENWorld, hope you find other conversations to enjoy and participate in and someday start your own and basically I hope you become fine upstanding members of this community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads