Nominate Your Favourite RPG Podcasts of 2020!

It’s that time of year again! Nominate your favourite RPG podcasts of 2019. As a reminder, here are last year’s Top 10, and here's 2018. Who will take the crown for 2020? As always, the podcasts are divided into two categories: ACTUAL PLAY and TALK. Actual Play podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. Talk podcasts include...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s that time of year again! Nominate your favourite RPG podcasts of 2019. As a reminder, here are last year’s Top 10, and here's 2018. Who will take the crown for 2020?

rpg_podcast.jpg

As always, the podcasts are divided into two categories: ACTUAL PLAY and TALK. Actual Play podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. Talk podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Hall of Fame
Last year's winners were Tablestory (Actual Play) and The Grognard Files (Talk). These two podcasts joined The Adventure Zone, and The Good Friends of Jackson Elias in the Hall of Fame, and are not eligible to enter this year.

How it works
This is the nomination thread. In this thread, anybody can nominate their favourite tabletop RPG podcast in each of two categories (Actual Play, and Talk).

Once the nominations close, they will be compiled and the full (valid) list presented in a poll for public voting.

The Top 10 in each category will be announced first on Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk, and then later posted here to the website.

Rules for valid nominations:
  • podcasts, not videos
  • must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2020
  • the main focus must be tabletop RPGs
  • must not be your own podcast
  • must include a link to the podcast’s web page
  • if a group puts out multiple podcasts, they are combined into one nomination
  • say why
  • podcasts in the Hall of Fame are no longer eligible
  • one nomination per category per person only

Nominations open for two weeks, until Sunday 29th November. The poll will come shortly thereafter. The results will fittingly initially be announced in our podcast and posted here as an article later.

Nominate your favourite by posting in the replies. You only get to nominate one in each category (Talk, Actual Play). Make sure to check the rules above or your nomination may not valid.

GrapeApe

Villager
It’s that time of year again! Nominate your favourite RPG podcasts of 2019. As a reminder, here are last year’s Top 10, and here's 2018. Who will take the crown for 2020?

View attachment 128542

As always, the podcasts are divided into two categories: ACTUAL PLAY and TALK. Actual Play podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. Talk podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Hall of Fame
Last year's winners were Tablestory (Actual Play) and The Grognard Files (Talk). These two podcasts joined The Adventure Zone, and The Good Friends of Jackson Elias in the Hall of Fame, and are not eligible to enter this year.

How it works
This is the nomination thread. In this thread, anybody can nominate their favourite tabletop RPG podcast in each of two categories (Actual Play, and Talk).

Once the nominations close, they will be compiled and the full (valid) list presented in a poll for public voting.

The Top 10 in each category will be announced first on Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk, and then later posted here to the website.

• podcasts, not videos
  • say why

Nominations open for two weeks, until Sunday 29th November. The poll will come shortly thereafter. The results will fittingly initially be announced in our podcast and posted here as an article later.

Nominate your favourite by posting in the replies. You only get to nominate one in each category (Talk, Actual Play). Make sure to check the rules above or your nomination may not valid.
I would like to nominate the LordGosumba stream for the "Talk" and "Actual Play" categories but if I can only submit it for one category then I would choose "Talk"

Having steamed around 180+ episodes in 2020, the LordGosumba stream has delivered amazing industry special guests, engaging conversations focused on Greyhawk but including other areas of TTRPG, hours and hours of exciting actual play with amazing landscapes of miniature scenes, and a faithful dedication to his fans shown through his engagement to the chat. Everyone on the team shows a strong passion to the hobby... and the appreciation given back to the fans through amazing giveaways are just icing on the cake.

MadMilliner

First Post
I would like to nominate The Last Tapestry for Actual Play

I think they're really unique and I really like their shorter episode format compared to a lot of actual play podcasts. I really like their focus on character development and interesting world.

CaptainNemo2069

First Post
Nominate: GameKnights:Neon Souls: The Sprawl

Category: Actual Play

Why: There are dozens, possibly several hundreds of RPG podcasts out there. I am a player from another era, and while looking for a new podcast to listen to on the way to work one day I discovered that a new era had dawned, and further with expanded games and better rules the world of RPG was on another level. I've listened and watched lots of these now, some good, most ok, but I'm nominating NeonSouls the Sprawl, namely because it's one I caught from the beginning and see each week the growth of storytelling, world-building, unique side-stories and player interactions, and a DM who busts his ass to create this environment as well as keep it fun. I'm not saying this is end all be all of RPG but it seemed the most genuine to the way it should be played in my mind. Not too over-theatric, wrapped in rules, combat and dice tossing, no forced relationships or drama - just good ole role/playing fun.

Check out The Sprawl | Neon Souls |

Zandreas

Villager
Category: Actual Play
Podcast: Slap Dash Studios League of Ultimate Questing
Why: What's not to love? Fantastic editing, stellar voice acting, compelling characters playing around in an original world. Multi-layered jokes and story threads, mystery, drama, there's something for everyone. All supported by a community that keeps on giving.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Category: Talk
Show: Mud & Blood
Link to web page: Mud & Blood Podcast • 9littlebees

A podcast with opinonated and engaging hosts, passionate about roleplaying games and game design. They focus on the grim and gritty, while also having a strong theme of inclusivity. They regularly give voice to game designers who are not in the main stream, and look closer at alternative designs and play styles. The crew behind the podcast is also very accessible off the podcast, making for a podcast with strong connections to the fans.

NOTE: They do AP as well, but it is primarily a Talk podcast.

julyjuly1825

First Post

View attachment 128542

Hall of Fame

How it works

• podcasts, not videos
  • say why

Actual Play: Party of One

Jeff Stormer is an incredibly talented and empathic storyteller. Jeff finds incredible guests to join in on some really great indie games in an intimate 1v1 experience.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I couldn't find the Hall of Fame to check if they were in it already sorry
It’s in the post you’re replying to. There are currently 4 shows in the HoF.
I would like to nominate the LordGosumba stream for the "Talk" and "Actual Play" categories but if I can only submit it for one category then I would choose "Talk"

Having steamed around 180+ episodes in 2020, the LordGosumba stream has delivered amazing industry special guests, engaging conversations focused on Greyhawk but including other areas of TTRPG, hours and hours of exciting actual play with amazing landscapes of miniature scenes, and a faithful dedication to his fans shown through his engagement to the chat. Everyone on the team shows a strong passion to the hobby... and the appreciation given back to the fans through amazing giveaways are just icing on the cake.
Needs to be a podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads