Nominate Your Favourite RPG Podcasts of 2020!

It’s that time of year again! Nominate your favourite RPG podcasts of 2019. As a reminder, here are last year’s Top 10, and here's 2018. Who will take the crown for 2020? As always, the podcasts are divided into two categories: ACTUAL PLAY and TALK. Actual Play podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. Talk podcasts include...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s that time of year again! Nominate your favourite RPG podcasts of 2019. As a reminder, here are last year’s Top 10, and here's 2018. Who will take the crown for 2020?

rpg_podcast.jpg

As always, the podcasts are divided into two categories: ACTUAL PLAY and TALK. Actual Play podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. Talk podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Hall of Fame
Last year's winners were Tablestory (Actual Play) and The Grognard Files (Talk). These two podcasts joined The Adventure Zone, and The Good Friends of Jackson Elias in the Hall of Fame, and are not eligible to enter this year.

How it works
This is the nomination thread. In this thread, anybody can nominate their favourite tabletop RPG podcast in each of two categories (Actual Play, and Talk).

Once the nominations close, they will be compiled and the full (valid) list presented in a poll for public voting.

The Top 10 in each category will be announced first on Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk, and then later posted here to the website.

Rules for valid nominations:
  • podcasts, not videos
  • must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2020
  • the main focus must be tabletop RPGs
  • must not be your own podcast
  • must include a link to the podcast’s web page
  • if a group puts out multiple podcasts, they are combined into one nomination
  • say why
  • podcasts in the Hall of Fame are no longer eligible
  • one nomination per category per person only

Nominations open for two weeks, until Sunday 29th November. The poll will come shortly thereafter. The results will fittingly initially be announced in our podcast and posted here as an article later.

Nominate your favourite by posting in the replies. You only get to nominate one in each category (Talk, Actual Play). Make sure to check the rules above or your nomination may not valid.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Nominate: GameKnights:Neon Souls: The Sprawl

Category: Actual Play

Why: There are dozens, possibly several hundreds of RPG podcasts out there. I am a player from another era, and while looking for a new podcast to listen to on the way to work one day I discovered that a new era had dawned, and further with expanded games and better rules the world of RPG was on another level. I've listened and watched lots of these now, some good, most ok, but I'm nominating NeonSouls the Sprawl, namely because it's one I caught from the beginning and see each week the growth of storytelling, world-building, unique side-stories and player interactions, and a DM who busts his ass to create this environment as well as keep it fun. I'm not saying this is end all be all of RPG but it seemed the most genuine to the way it should be played in my mind. Not too over-theatric, wrapped in rules, combat and dice tossing, no forced relationships or drama - just good ole role/playing fun.

Check out The Sprawl | Neon Souls |
This poll is for podcasts. :)

MissD42

First Post
Actual Play: World Walkers Podcast.

Why: This podcast follows a group of adventurers (played by professional cartoonists) in adventures that are always endearing and comical, but also, it contains a healthy dose of drama and high stakes. It's a really compelling story with a cohesive storyline through the episodes, and great character development.

Here's a link: About - World Walkers

Last edited:

Category: Actual play
Podcast: Tales from 2000
Why: The story is intense, and takes on topics that are difficult to talk on. It's done well, and it has a lot of humor even though it has moments of pure adrenaline. A beautiful, bingeful, actual play that doesn't use D&D. One of my favorites!

Tubular_tibia

First Post
It’s that time of year again! Nominate your favourite RPG podcasts of 2019. As a reminder, here are last year’s Top 10, and here's 2018. Who will take the crown for 2020?

View attachment 128542

As always, the podcasts are divided into two categories: ACTUAL PLAY and TALK. Actual Play podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. Talk podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Hall of Fame
Last year's winners were Tablestory (Actual Play) and The Grognard Files (Talk). These two podcasts joined The Adventure Zone, and The Good Friends of Jackson Elias in the Hall of Fame, and are not eligible to enter this year.

How it works
This is the nomination thread. In this thread, anybody can nominate their favourite tabletop RPG podcast in each of two categories (Actual Play, and Talk).

Once the nominations close, they will be compiled and the full (valid) list presented in a poll for public voting.

The Top 10 in each category will be announced first on Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk, and then later posted here to the website.

• podcasts, not videos
  • say why

Nominations open for two weeks, until Sunday 29th November. The poll will come shortly thereafter. The results will fittingly initially be announced in our podcast and posted here as an article later.

Nominate your favourite by posting in the replies. You only get to nominate one in each category (Talk, Actual Play). Make sure to check the rules above or your nomination may not valid.
Actual play: Word Walkers

Pedro Galicia, The GM and Creator of world walkers has made multiple lore filled worlds that his players get to travel to as they attempt to fight and unravel the truth behind a mysterious force known as the Nightmares who are trying to destroy the dreaming in the multiverse and it’s up to the World Walkers to stop them. My favorite podcast of all time and has 5 seasons so far

Andrew_Coons

Villager
AP: Three Black Halflings. They are an incredible group of creators running a very fun campaign with a focus on diversity and celebrating black voices in TTRPGs. ‎Three Black Halflings | A Dungeons & Dragons Podcast on Apple Podcasts

Talk: Beholder to No One. An incredible talk show centered around TTRPGs that brings on amazing guests for deep conversations. Very relaxed and casual vibe that is so easy to listen to! Home

villavicero

First Post

View attachment 128542

Hall of Fame

How it works

• podcasts, not videos
  • say why

I'd like to nominate DiceFiends

Category: Actual Play

Why: The table talk and characters are so fun, Eric really crafts a delightful story and every character in it is enjoyable

goodmorning

Villager
For the Actual Play category: Critical Ditto (Critical Ditto • A podcast on Anchor)
This is a phenomenal Pokemon-rpg podcast which I've found incredibly addictive, and inspiring in their collaborative, hilarious worldbuilding style. The whole crew is excellent and manage to bring every PC, NPC and of course Pokemon to life wonderfully.

Relic_of_KYR

Villager
I'd like to nominate From Afar Podcast, an actual-play D&D podcast.

Why? Because they are one of the best D&D podcasts I've had the pleasure of listening to, with an engaging story, intricate backstories, phenomenal sound and music editing, and a chemistry between the players and DM that allows them to create something truly magical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads