WotC non-OGL alternative to D&D

The problem with questions like this is it makes a presumption that the reader may not agree with, so its hard to answer the question since it does not detail what about the system is "dreadful". I ran a whole campaign using the original system back in the day and did not find them terrible, but I'll also admit that my taste in rules has not changed that substantially in 30 years, so...
I mean, if you don't think the original rules were extremely clunky, you aren't the right person to answer this question, I agree. I loved ED's setting and ideas so much but those dice mechanics really didn't work for me or my group.

Retreater

Legend
I remember the reviews being not very positive on the Savage Worlds and Pathfinder conversions.

Looking at the FASA DTRPG page it does look like there was a Fourth Edition with 37 products listed.
They did do a Savage Worlds but it apparently sucks.
I recently ran Savage Pathfinder. I wouldn't say it "sucks" (at least IMO). I'm not completely sold on the system, but it's something I could learn to make work (which, honestly, I have to do for 5e anyway).

Savage Pathfinder Post-Mortem (Spoilers)

Remove ads