• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Nonwildshaping Druid?

Naoki00_

First Post
I know that when I played my last druid I was a "plant" druid like the one you made. Unfortunately, pathfinder only focuses on wildshape as the "focus" ability for the druid. It is a great ability, with tons of versatility, but you have to become an animal. It doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense for someone playing a briarborn to turn into a squirrel. Instead, work with your GM a little on this one, and change wildshape to plantshape. I had a druid who could turn into assassin vines, shambling mounds, treants and many other plant type creatures. Unfortunately, I don't have any specifics written down on that character and what creatures I could turn into and at what levels. It was handwritten and lost in a pile somewhere.

Thats not actually that bad of an idea, isn't their an actual plantshape spell for turning into different things? maybe I could ask them if I could use that

You are right, I forgot about plantshape I, II and III. They could substitute nicely for wildshape. Maybe instead of the elemental shape (except for earth elementals maybe) you could get a plant creature (like assassin vine or tendriculos) of an equal CR. How about a plant companion?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads