North Carolina Game Day -- THE AWESOME AFTERMATH!!!!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Henry, check out my edit of the first post and feel free to edit if further if you think it necessary.

jenna3

First Post
I'd be interested in playing in a D&D 3E game and a d20 modern. Never played modern before, so I'd love to give it a try. It looks like I'll be bringing my husband too.

I haven't seen an update from NCSUCodeMonkey about the room configurations yet. I used to cater in that building and what I remember from the walnut room suggests we could fit eight round tables at least, probably more. NCSUCM, what do you think? It's been close on 10 years since I've worked there...

I barely remember the brown room and green room though, other than one is kinda small. Hope this helps.

ttfn--Jenna

Geeze guys, I'm sorry for leaving this dead for so long! I got swamped by classes and haven't had the time/fogot to go scope the place out. Heck, I haven't even read PC's storyhour in two weeks!!!! Hopefully I can make it over there today.

Matt

Henry

Autoexreginated
WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU FORGOT?!!?!?! IT'S LESS THAN TWO MONTHS AWAY!!!! GET CRACKING!!!!

;)

No worries - but if Jenna is right, that's a LOT of room there!

Ok, did a walkthrough of the rooms that were unlocked, and they are (as I remembered) nice sizes for playing. I asked the site coordinator for his opinion on how many tables each room would support assuming that each table can seat 8 people (2 at each end, 3 down each side. so that's 7 players + DM). I also asked him to take into account the accoustics of the room, since I know roleplaying can become quite noisy :) Here were his professional opinions (which seem quite reasonable):

no more than 4 tables in the green room
no more than 5 tables in the brown room
and the walnut room can fit quite a few tables, approx. 9-10

Matt

Templetroll

Explorer
My only suggestion would be to designate a person to be "In Charge" and another as "Security". Things just run smoother if there is a known person to go to for a quick decision and another who is known as the voice of authority to quell any disruptions.

Luckily, this looks to be small enough that problems should be minimal; I like the way it is shaping up, kudos to all. I know I made sure I have off that day from both of my jobs!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I'm quite pleased to see that things are going smoothly on the logistics end. Thanks NCSUCM.

I'd like to urge anybody who has not already done so to list your preference for whatever games you wish to participate in. We really need to get that hammered out so the various GM's can be prepared and also figure out what games they will play in.

Mulkhoran

First Post
Rel said:
I'm quite pleased to see that things are going smoothly on the logistics end. Thanks NCSUCM.

I'd like to urge anybody who has not already done so to list your preference for whatever games you wish to participate in. We really need to get that hammered out so the various GM's can be prepared and also figure out what games they will play in.

Sorry I've been away, everybody, illness and duty calls.......

I'd like to take this a step further and actually start signing people up/confirming GMs for specific games, and start forming the schedule. Or maybe that's what you meant :D

I'd also like to point out that Templetroll is absolutely right in terms of someone being "In Charge". Realistically, it's the easiest and fastest way to make sure things run smoothly at an event like this.

EDIT: Also, from what Matt/NCSUCM said, it looks like the rooms don't already have tables. More logistics. Aiee. ;)

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Mulkhoran said:
EDIT: Also, from what Matt/NCSUCM said, it looks like the rooms don't already have tables. More logistics. Aiee. ;)

I reread his post and didn't necessarily get that impression. If that is in fact the case, we need to know ASAP. NCSUCM?

Remove ads