North Carolina Game Day -- THE AWESOME AFTERMATH!!!!

Mulkhoran

First Post
I sent the url of this thread out to the TUGA list (Triangle Unplugged Gaming Association), so there may be some more innocent folk lured to this place, muhahahahahahahaha.......

uh, bump? :D

nharwell

Explorer
I'm friends with both the owners of Foundation's Edge in Raleigh and Cerebral Hobbies in Chapel Hill. Once you work out the specifics, let me know and I'll ask them about posting some announcements in their stores.

Last edited:

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
On an off-topic note, do any of you Triangle gamers know Paul Strack? He's an old gamer friend of mine who lives in the Triangle and with whom I've lost touch. If anyone knows how to get in touch with him, drop me an email.

Thanks!
Daniel

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Ok, looking at the tally so far, we've got about 9 people who seem definite, a couple of maybes depending on exactly when it is held and somewhere around 10-12 other people who are in our various game groups. That doesn't include anybody who is brought aboard by reading about it at a hobby shop. If we assume full attendance (doubtful, but it could happen) we will have at least 20 people and some untold number of others.

Here's where my organizational skills start to break down. I've never been to a convention or gamed at one before so my experience with the environment is fairly limited. I can easily see that for those who post on the boards here and (by proxy) those in our game groups who would attend, we could organize and arrange everybody into pre-determined games. But if we have a lof of "drop ins" from the various hobby shops, how do we slot them into games?

Should we create a sign up sheet here on the boards and use it as the official head count? If anybody wants to post signs up at local hobby shops we could give them a contact person to call. Or we could simply tell them to log onto ENWorld and check in on this thread.

Thoughts on this?

As for me, I wouldn't mind playing in somebody else's game (and I'm intrigued by the Gladiator thing, but I'm fairly certain I'll get trounced). But I also have a ready-to-go module complete with pregenerated PC's that is made to run in a limited time span that (IMHO) would be a perfect module for this type of situation and I'd be happy to run that.

Henry

Autoexreginated
As the lone "Southie" in this thread, (South Carolina) I would be interested in attending as well, if a date and time can be set. I would be more in favor of meeting in the Triangle than west of it, Because I-95 is an easy path for me. I can doo weekends, but not weekdays.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, but if plans become more solid, I will definitely seek to attend!

Last edited:

I think a sign-up thread on the boards would be a good idea. I would also be willing to offer a standalone sign-up/info page at a shorter web address. (So that people unfamilar with the boards wouldn't have to find the thread among the thousands here.) If we have a sign-up sheet then we can do pre-reg games, but a pre-generated PC game sounds fun as well. I also have a friend that might be willing to run a Settlers board game, it wouldn't have to be all RPGs (or all D&D, I've been itching to see what Modern is like).

I stopped in at Foundation's Edge yesterday and several of the employees said that their boss would definately be interested in supporting this. Glad to hear that some people know him personally, it'll help get the word out.

Does anyone have a vauge idea on dates...?

Matt

Rel

Liquid Awesome
NCSUCodeMonkey said:
Does anyone have a vauge idea on dates...?

Matt

Now that Dawn has indicated her interest, she can be my date. ;)

Ok, just kidding (my wife doesn't let me date much anymore).

For no terribly powerful reason, I'd suggest mid-March. That would (I think) give us enough time to plan things and enough time afterwards to still get our taxes done. How would that jibe with your ability to secure some space at State campus?

Remove ads