North Carolina Game Day -- THE AWESOME AFTERMATH!!!!

Mulkhoran

First Post
Well, judging from the style of the other major game day threads here, maybe we could draw on their experience. They're on the fifth one for Boston, and I think the fourth for Chicago.

Maybe a mix of pre-arranged games, and partially open-slot games for people who show up. That seems to be the partial theme on some of the others.

I noticed the current Chicaco gameday recruiting began in *reverse*: they solicited *players* for games, and then found GMs/DMs.

Another thing to think about is how many different types of games should be brought to the table. I see a lot of different systems on some of the other gameday threads.

cybertalus

First Post
Count me as interested. I'm from the Asheville area, but I'm up for a drive down to the Triangle for some gaming.

Someone mentioned wanting to play d20 Modern, well I'd be willing to run a session of Modern so long as the day isn't formatted so that it's all I do. (I don't have a regular group currently so I've got an itch to play D&D as well.)

Jeph

Explorer
I could only attend in the Triangle, and would need to know the dates pretty far in advance--I've got a bunch of attend-or-die Bar Mitzvahs comming up. :)

Hey, count me in for Modern (that is, if it can be determined that I'll be counted in)!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Mulkhoran said:
Well, judging from the style of the other major game day threads here, maybe we could draw on their experience. They're on the fifth one for Boston, and I think the fourth for Chicago.

Maybe a mix of pre-arranged games, and partially open-slot games for people who show up. That seems to be the partial theme on some of the others.

I noticed the current Chicaco gameday recruiting began in *reverse*: they solicited *players* for games, and then found GMs/DMs.

Another thing to think about is how many different types of games should be brought to the table. I see a lot of different systems on some of the other gameday threads.

These are all good ideas, Mulkhoran. I'll pop over and check out the other "Game Day" threads when I get a chance. The idea of soliciting interest in different games and then getting GM's is a good one.

So sound off on what game or games you would prefer to play.

As for me, whether I run a game or not, I'd probably just like to play in a D&D game.

Dum da Dum...

If we decide to use it, I have free space at Talley Student Center on NCSU campus on Saturday, March 22 for most of the day. We have two rooms from 9-9 (one big one and one smaller one) and one room from 9-6 (it's large too). Should be plenty of space, and more than enough time.

We can have non-perishable snacks and pizza, so if we wanted to run a small cover charge at the door, food could be provided. Or we could do pot luck, and everybody just bring some chips and handle your own dinner.

So now we have space, a date, and a general time frame. No excuses! :D

Matt

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Awesome! Thanks for setting that up, NCSUCodeMonkey.

Chime in with your game preferences, everyone! Also, if you have folks in your game group who are not regular posters here but would like to attend, get them to post or poll them to find out what they want to play and post it here.

Remove ads