• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

North Carolina Game Day -- THE AWESOME AFTERMATH!!!!

cybertalus

First Post
I'm up for some D&D and some Modern. I'm willing to GM a Modern game, but my interest in D&D is strictly as a player.

but no one laugh, since it would be my first time DM'ing at a convention of ANY sort.
Fear not Henry, you wouldn't be the only one. I've never even been to a convention before, let alone GMed at one.

Is there anyone here who has GMed in a convention-type setting who could give those of us who are newbies to convention GMing some good advice? (Might need another thread for this one.)

Henry

Autoexreginated
OK - I checked, and I am all set to go. All I need is the following:

1) Confirmation that the ENWorld N.C. Gameday itself is a GO. Time was 9:00 am to start - is this correct?

2) Directions to where the heck this student center is. NCSU's web site shows me the maps (THIS PLACE IS HUGE!!!!) but I could not find it.

I would be willing to run a D&D, d20 Modern, Star Wars (either version) or a Call of Cthulhu (either version) game. These systems I know inside and out, but if anyone has another game or system to recommend, let me know, since I have time to prepare. :D

Anything else?

Mulkhoran

First Post
If it's okay with you, Rel, I'll start collecting information from this thread and posting it in the beginning of the thread (first reply).

I'll start with a confirmed list, from here. Unless you want to do this?

Gargoyle

Adventurer
I can make it. Not sure yet if any of my players will be able to go; I'll find out. I plan to run something, either d20 Modern or D&D; I'll see what folks are interested in.

Mulkhoran

First Post
erk, just noticed I hadn't stated my preferences yet:

I'm up for playing in a DnD game, and I wouldn't mind running one either, but I'll defer to those more experienced if there's not enough players. :p

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Mulkhoran said:
If it's okay with you, Rel, I'll start collecting information from this thread and posting it in the beginning of the thread (first reply).

I'll start with a confirmed list, from here. Unless you want to do this?

That would be fantastic! I'm not trying to dump all the responsibility off on you or anything, but if you've got time, I'd really appreciate it.

Mulkhoran

First Post
Rel said:

That would be fantastic! I'm not trying to dump all the responsibility off on you or anything, but if you've got time, I'd really appreciate it.

Heh, I've got almost nothing to do but cruise ENWorld all day..........my boss is standing right behind me talking cooking as I type this. Ah, decadent bliss......... :p

I've posted the list in the second post of the thread. Everyone, please check it out and let me know if anything's wrong, or if there should be another formatting or something. My email is ginguy_2000@yahoo.com , for reference.

Wohoo!

Ok, just got back from the weekend...

I can play or DM D&D, although it looks like we have plenty of capable DMs. I'd like to take a shot at playing d20 Modern. One of my players expressed interest in running one of his favorite board games: Settlers. It's apparently really fun, although I've played it myself. So you can put Settlers under my name. All seven of my players sounded interested in coming, and I haven't talked to the five people in the group I play in yet.

If anyone has questions about the event site itself, just post them here or e-mail me at matt_kendall@iname.com. One quick clarification/reminder: we have two rooms for 12 hours (9-9) and one room for 9 hours (9-6). I'll need to go and look at the rooms again, but I know that at least one of the rooms can support two games simultaneously.

Matt

Hand of Vecna

First Post
I really wish I'd seen this thread earlier, since I work at the NCSU Library, and it's only a 15-minute trip from my home.....

So, guys & gals, what're we playin'?

Last edited:

Remove ads