North Carolina Game Day -- THE AWESOME AFTERMATH!!!!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
If we wind up with a largeish group (I'm thinking anything bigger than 25 people), having it at NCSU campus might be our best bet. Especially if we could get the space for free or for relatively low cost.

The community center I'm talking about is south of Cary about half way to Holly Springs. It is easily large enough to accomodate any group I could foresee us having. I'm familiar with the cost because my sister is having her wedding reception there later this year.

As far as trying to set up a time, I say we let the thread run for another day or so and see how many folks check in. Once we have a better grasp of how many people we are talking about we should be able to pick a venue. Then we'll have an idea about how much notice we need.

Quasqueton

First Post
Gladiatorial game

How about I propose an event I'd be willing to oversee.

Everyone who is coming brings a gladiator PC. During the game day, I'd referee fight matches between the PC's. The overall winner could receive some kind of prize. Maybe just the applause of the game day revellers, or maybe a gift cert to a game store (all depending on how many people show up).

If this sounds like a good idea for an event for the day, I'll make another thread to get ideas on how to run it.

The more I sit here and think about it, the more fun it seems it would be. It would be so easy. And it might even be fun for spectators.

Quasqueton

I can reserve space at Talley Student Center on NCSU campus for free, although they tend to book early, so that's very date dependant. I can reserve space for the current semester in the academic buildings on campus. (also free) So basically it depends on whether we're talking short-term scheduling (use academic space) or long-term scheduling (use talley), but they are both free :)

As for a head count, I could probably bring 7-10 people who don't read the boards, and I could post a message on the local game shop's peg board.

Matt

Ruined

Explorer
Glad I just happened to check the boards today. If we can schedule it out, I should be able to attend. Thanks for the directions, Rel. I'll be riding past the Orc tonight, so I'll stop and give it a run-through.

Jeph

Explorer
If it's convenient, my parents give the thumbs-up, and none of you mind a 14 year old ubernerd, I'd love to participate. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases