Nosferatu

On the Nosferatu post on your website you ask for Feat/Divine Ability suggestions ... I'd suggest -

Nosferatu gain the following divine abilities, even if they do not meet the prerequisites -
Greater Diseased [Effect] (choose one type)
Profane Mind
Profane Spirit
Shadow Self

EDIT: for 'Dominate Aura: ?' - Aura of Compulsion (Su): The nosferatu's ancient, dark power overwhelms lesser minds in its presence. This aura has a radius of 10 feet per HD of the nosferatu. All creatures within the aura that have fewer HD/levels than the nosferatu are affected by dominate monster (DC 10 + ½ nosferatu's HD + nosferatu's Charisma modifier) when they first enter the aura. Creatures successfully making the save are not affected by the same nosferatu's aura of compulsion for 24 hours. Affected creatures that leave the aura remain affected for 1 round.

Last edited:

Howdy Khisanth mate! :)

thanks so much for helping out. ;)

Khisanth the Ancient said:
On the Nosferatu post on your website you ask for Feat/Divine Ability suggestions ... I'd suggest -

I've really struggled even attempting to get back into 3E for the purpose of the 3E Nosferatu. Both thematically and mechanically its all a bit hazy.

Nosferatu gain the following divine abilities, even if they do not meet the prerequisites -
Greater Diseased [Effect] (choose one type)
Profane Mind
Profane Spirit
Shadow Self

One of the things throwing me off was that in 3E the Nosferatu needs to be an upgrade of the existing vampire template. So I kept thinking 'shouldn't we expand on the existing feats with divine equivalents'...and stuff like that.

EDIT: for 'Dominate Aura: ?' - Aura of Compulsion (Su): The nosferatu's ancient, dark power overwhelms lesser minds in its presence. This aura has a radius of 10 feet per HD of the nosferatu. All creatures within the aura that have fewer HD/levels than the nosferatu are affected by dominate monster (DC 10 + ½ nosferatu's HD + nosferatu's Charisma modifier) when they first enter the aura. Creatures successfully making the save are not affected by the same nosferatu's aura of compulsion for 24 hours. Affected creatures that leave the aura remain affected for 1 round.

Almost certainly better than I would have come up with.

One of the things throwing me off was that in 3E the Nosferatu needs to be an upgrade of the existing vampire template. So I kept thinking 'shouldn't we expand on the existing feats with divine equivalents'...and stuff like that.

I don't think it's necessary for the connection to be that direct. The Demilich is a lot different from the plain Lich, for example.
Shadow, disease and evil powers are probably good enough.

Almost certainly better than I would have come up with.

Thanks!

BTW what's the status on Temple of Death?

Hello again amigo! :)

I don't think it's necessary for the connection to be that direct. The Demilich is a lot different from the plain Lich, for example.

Shadow, disease and evil powers are probably good enough.

You always like to start with the base and then expand into new directions rather than the other way around though...at least I find.

You're welcome. :)

BTW what's the status on Temple of Death?

Its about a week's worth of effort into being finished. But its been that way since Christmas...I just need to 'pull the finger out' and get it done. Really been struggling for concentration lately (more than usual even).

Another possible Nosferatu power...

Soul Rot (Su): A creature struck by a nosferatu's slam attack must make a Will save (DC 10 + ½ nosferatu's HD + nosferatu's Charisma modifier) or contract soul rot. A creature suffering soul rot gains one negative level per round until death or until cured by restoration, greater restoration, miracle or wish.

EDIT: :blush::blush: Oh, oops, I see you already have "Necrosis (Target loses 1 level per round until it makes a successful saving throw)" under "Diseased Bite". It used to say "Degeneration 25 hit points per round" (unless my memory has gone...)

...and I thought I was so original.... shows what I know...

Well, based on Vampire bonus feats then...

Supreme Initiative (from Improved Initiative)
Disheartening Dodge (from Dodge)
While it's not as direct a correlation, the Vampire feats are all alertness/quickness/agility based so
Celerity, Mercurial, Quickness

or replace Mercurial with Seventh Sense (from Alertness), but that might make it a pain to run...

Hey amigo! :)

Another possible Nosferatu power...

Soul Rot (Su): A creature struck by a nosferatu's slam attack must make a Will save (DC 10 + ½ nosferatu's HD + nosferatu's Charisma modifier) or contract soul rot. A creature suffering soul rot gains one negative level per round until death or until cured by restoration, greater restoration, miracle or wish.

EDIT: :blush::blush: Oh, oops, I see you already have "Necrosis (Target loses 1 level per round until it makes a successful saving throw)" under "Diseased Bite". It used to say "Degeneration 25 hit points per round" (unless my memory has gone...)

...and I thought I was so original.... shows what I know...

Clearly I've still got the magic. ;)

I honestly don't know what I'm doing with 3E anymore, like a bizarre foreign language. Thinking about how I would do it in 4E is with multiple 'nosferatu' monsters, where you just boil the individual monster down to its 1-4* most iconic abilities.

*From Minion thru Solo

Well, based on Vampire bonus feats then...

Supreme Initiative (from Improved Initiative)
Disheartening Dodge (from Dodge)
While it's not as direct a correlation, the Vampire feats are all alertness/quickness/agility based so
Celerity, Mercurial, Quickness

or replace Mercurial with Seventh Sense (from Alertness), but that might make it a pain to run...

I remember reading about the Mythic Adventures 'Initiative' power (which I though was good), although last time I checked the PF forums a month or so ago I thought people were complaining it was broken.

I agree Seventh Sense (aka Spidey-Sense) as standard might be a pain for PCs, but not monsters.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases