• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Note to WotC: They're not TRPGs. They're just RPGs.

delericho

Legend
Yes, it has rules. But you (or I, or any individual) are pretty much incapable of injecting new ones. The rules are by consensus, not authority.

Eh, what? That's news to me - I was sure I'd been given supreme authority over language and related topics. Didn't you get the memo?

:)

delericho

Legend
I was being Monsieur Pantalon de Smarty.

1930-1940s Germany? Language rules?

Ja. I got the reference. But since it came immediately after my post in which I declared myself to be the official authority, I wanted to distance myself from them. Potentially by marching away very fast, Basil Fawlty-style...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Ja. I got the reference. But since it came immediately after my post in which I declared myself to be the official authority, I wanted to distance myself from them. Potentially by marching away very fast, Basil Fawlty-style...

Same page then.

OPPRESSOR!

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Whenever I'm in a conversation discussing my hobbies, I state I play RPGs, which is followed by World of Warcraft? Which I say, OK, I meant tabletop RPGs, "not any of that other crap" (and crap it is, IMO, whether a CRPG or anything else).

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Yes, it has rules. But you (or I, or any individual) are pretty much incapable of injecting new ones. The rules are by consensus, not authority.

concensus? No rules depend on superior marketing. unfortunately WoTC does not have the marketing budget nor reach to match WoW

Remove ads