Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rapture misses, but nimble Keldar darts up the stairs, slides between his various allies and clubs (17) the helpless fire elemental straight down the middle. His morningstar meets little resistance, and the fire elemental suddenly becomes nothing more than a puff of smoke rising lazily from the stone floor.

You wait a moment, half expecting another guardian to emerge, but none appear.

Exploring the room before you a little closer, you notice various metal working tools hanging on the wall to your left. You see that on the other side of the black heat shields is an anvil and a massive, hot furnace. The piles of stuff contain nothing obviously remarkable, though Thyrin is a wizard and it's possible that something in here is enchanted. To the right of the furnace is a staircase, up against the wall of the tower, leading up to the third floor.

Wik

First Post
Galwynn analyzes his blade critically, and then grabs his whetstone, smoothing out a kink in the blade. "I suppose one of us should keep an eye on that furnace. And nice fighting there, thief." Galwynn has no idea how to throw out a compliment... it doesn't seem right, and he knows it.

So, he walks away, pretending the moment never happened.

Galwynn strides into the middle of the room, and then cocks an eyebrow. "Master dwarf? You would be the one to ask about the tools, I suppose?"

Boddynock

First Post
Tarag examines the forge and tools with interest ... nay, with eagerness. And while he's at it, he casts Detect Magic as well.

[sblock=OOC]Hmm, don't quite know what the right skill is here - but try Craft (Weaponsmithing) or Craft (Armorsmithing), both at +12 (for metal working).[/sblock]

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
Wik said:
"I suppose one of us should keep an eye on that furnace. And nice fighting there, thief." Galwynn has no idea how to throw out a compliment... it doesn't seem right, and he knows it. So, he walks away, pretending the moment never happened.
"Oh, that's nothing special for Keldar. Whump! Straight through the middle! No, all in a day's work for me. Swoosh! You should have seen Keldar standing toe to toe with a frost giant, armed with nothing more than my fists and my reputation as an accomplished lover. 'Nem olj me! Volt nem hibam! En akarat obaviti ista!'"
Keldar stops talking abruptly.[sblock=Giant]'Don't kill me! It wasn't my fault! I'll do anything!'[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
"Don't forget, there's another summoning device in this area, possibly more than one. Try to pay some attention to your surroundings instead of your... Well, try to pay attention, Keldar." Tommy says, looking around for any signs of magical devices.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Absolutely," says Keldar. "I might have stuck my head up the fireplace, but I think I'll leave the forge to Tarag. Don't worry about the battle, Tarag. No shame in standing rooted to the spot like this." Keldar pulls one of his holy symbols out from around his neck, holding it up with his face screwed up in apparent terror. "And no need to thank me for saving you," he says, with hands on hips and a wide stance. "It's what I do." He begins to sing.

"If you're a bragging sorcerer,
Or a dusty bookish mage,
A thief or roguish chancer,
A barbarian filled with rage,
A fighter in full armour
A ranger with two blades,
A monk who… I can't remember…
A paladin who fights crusades,
A priestly servant of a god,
A druid in a field,
Or a psion (if you’re odd),
Then the time has come to yield
Your place in deeds of daring
To heroes swift and bold
Who are also kind and caring,
And modest too, I'm told.
Come now, admit you know it's true -
Try not to take it hard -
Anything that you can do,
Can be done by a bard!
And once this little song is done,
Please give a great hurray
For the world's most famous one:
Keldar, Keldar Warbray!
And if you are a pretty dame
Excited by this jingle,
Quickly now, put in your claim -
As yet, he is still single!"

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy tries to maintain a scowl, but by the end of Keldar's song he can't help but tap his foot and smile.

[sblock=ooc and slightly ot]
Just last night, I DM'd the first session of a tabletop game, and my PC's met their first recurring villain, a bard named Boris Bloodsong. I honestly swear I wasn't thinking of Keldar at all when I made him... but I'm totally stealing that song for Boris:
"... And once this little song is done,
Let sound the cheering throng,
For the world's most famous one,
Boris, Boris Bloodsong!
etc."

If, uh, you're okay with that, Trouvere? Pretty please? :D
[/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
Tarag frowns in irritation as Keldar disturbs his concentration on the important task at hand.

"Ah, is your mouth still running away with you? Go do something useful, like help Tommy find the other summoning device!"

Remove ads