• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=OOC on the Marching Order: ]
Solange said:
"I'll go first this time then," Rapture says, and begins to head up the stairs, sword and shield at the ready.
Wik said:
Galwynn just shoots Keldar a glare, and then follows up behind Rapture.
covaithe said:
Tommy pulls out his wand of missiles and inspects it before following the others up the stairs.
Boddynock said:
"Oh no you don't, wizard. Stay behind me."

Tarag steps in front of Tommy, so as to shield him from harm. Then he reaches out to grab Keldar by the shoulder.

"And you, young fool - of course you're indispensable. So just you get back behind me as well!"

He then follows the others up the stairs.
covaithe said:
"Er, right," Tommy says to the backs of Tarag's knees. "Thanks."
I did confuse some positions, but all these holy people start blending together early in the morning. ;) I'm pretty sure I'm right on the last two though.[/sblock]
OOC: Action from Keldar? I hope I'm not being presumptuous by assuming a delay.

Though she was expecting the guardian, Rapture is still a little surprised when a hot fist of flame (15) greets her at the top of the stairs. She ducks just in time, and Galwynn feels warmth as the fiery attack swipes by his face. The fire elemental slides a few feet back, into the hallway.

Tommy, his wand at the ready, waits to see what Tarag does.

The other fire guardian zips over from the far stairs to replace the first one by Rapture. It also strikes (14) at Rapture, but this time she is well prepared and easily dodges the attack.

Tarag raises his holy symbol and the fire elementals' forms blow back as if by a mighty wind. They remain stationary and cower before the group.

OOC: Keldar, Tommy, actions now? Otherwise, Galwynn's up.

Attachments

• Floor-3-Round-1-2.jpg
    Floor-3-Round-1-2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 57

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: Hmmmmmm. Well, fine. Keldar delays, as you say. It does seem a bit sub-optimal to put the guy with the +7 initiative right at the back of the group. On the other hand, it does keep him alive. :\ Post-rebuking, I don't see why Keldar shouldn't double-move forward past the top of the stairs, to stand next to a rebuked elemental.

covaithe

Explorer
Seeing the fire elementals cowering before the divine power channeled by Tarag, Tommy will wait for the more martially inclined members of the group to do the necessary dirty work. He remains vigilant with his wand in case either of the elementals escape Tarag's control.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Keldar darts up the stairs, past his allies, hoping to deal one of the elementals some material planar punishment. From his new vantage point he can see down the hallway.

[sblock=Keldar: ]In the middle of the hallway is yet another stone dais, upon which a slow-to-react earth guardian is coming to life. At the end of the hallway is a large oak door, ajar, out of which a small pillar of flame is emerging. And behind that small pillar of fire, Keldar swears there's another one.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads