• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Boddynock

First Post
The dwarf grins in sudden high good humour. "Well, that's three of us to bear the brunt of the attack - now, if only we could all fit!"

Trouvere

Explorer
"I nearly always listen, though I did get a lot of water in my ears as a youngster. I just wish some of the rest of you would listen half as hard," says Keldar. "Tarag, I know you're well protected with mail and shield, but we need you on your feet to heal us, Chennet' forbid - and remember, the two most dangerous fire elementals are even higher up. I think perhaps I should go first this time. If we are pinned at the top of the stairs, I can duck and weave and tumble my way past to let the rest of you out. Not that I have tried to dodge living flames and rock before...." Keldar begins to look doubtful. "Or... you don't suppose we could draw these incurious elementals to the head of the stairs, and fill them full of arrows and bolts? No, I suppose the stairway is too tightly curved, and we're just not that organised."

Boddynock

First Post
"Ah, lad, I know you're right - but I feel guilty letting the divine warriors take all the risks."

Tarag sighs deeply and nods. "All right - second rank for me."

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar looks at Galwynn doubtfully. He can hardly believe his ears, hearing Galwynn described in those terms - or hearing his own contribution discounted. "Of course," he says loudly, "now that I think of it, I play an indispensable role too. You'd have no luck with summoning devices without me."

Trouvere

Explorer
"See, no one listens," says Keldar to the air, hastening after her, lifting his morningstar from his belt and drawing a dagger. "Take care, Rapture."

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy pulls out his wand of missiles and inspects it before following the others up the stairs. "When this fails, I must remember to replace it," he mutters to himself.

Boddynock

First Post
"Oh no you don't, wizard. Stay behind me."

Tarag steps in front of Tommy, so as to shield him from harm. Then he reaches out to grab Keldar by the shoulder.

"And you, young fool - of course you're indispensable. So just you get back behind me as well!"

He then follows the others up the stairs.

Last edited:

Remove ads