• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Solange

First Post
OOC: Connection issues, I send Rae an e-mail about it. I'm going to be gone again for a few days at the end of September.

"Perhaps you could use the water to cool down the metal grate?" Rapture suggests. "If swoshy won't mind that is."

Trouvere

Explorer
"We can try, if we need to. I'm still hoping the elemental will be unable to escape," says Keldar. After a moment, he realises that Rapture did not answer his question. "I know what it is," he says. "Fighting is one thing, but it makes you nervous to watch helplessly while Keldar risks his life on Thyrin's traps. I understand." Keldar gives Rapture a reassuring nod.

"Does anyone have a better plan for the next floor? That crush on the staircase could have been our undoing. Am I the only one who wonders why the elementals that surely lurk above us have not come down to investigate? They seem curiously... incurious."

OOC: did you call down the curse on yourself, S?

Solange

First Post
OOC: No, just travel and a bad dial up connection.

"Perhaps they need to stay close to their summoning devices," Rapture suggests.

Boddynock

First Post
"Or perhaps they're just ... thick. Either way, we need to wait here, to see if closing the grates is effective. We don't want to go upstairs, then find that we're attacked from behind."

He smooths his neat, close-trimmed beard. "Hmm, pity we haven't a little more time - I could do good work with this forge. Perhaps, if any of you need new equipment, this Thyrin wouldn't mind if I used his smithy - once we've finished our job, of course."

Then he frowns, and says to himself, "Or perhaps he and I could collaborate. I can match the quality of these mannikins. Nice work!"

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
"It's dangerous to assume that your opponent is stupid," says Keldar. "A beautiful woman told me that once."

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=Tarag: ]Your blacksmith's eye for quality shows Thyrin's little creations to be rather well crafted.[/sblock]

12:35 PM

You decide to wait a while to see if the grates will hold against the beating of the fire elementals. By your estimation, about 15 minutes has gone by since the fight downstairs. In the 5 minutes remaining, Tarag peruses the little metal creations.

12:39 PM

Those who are near the grates notice the air around them is getting warmer, very quickly.

12:40 PM

Five minutes have passed. Not much happens, but the area around the grates is quite warm, and you can imagine that the black metal of the furnace and the vent is extremely hot.

12:41 PM

You give it another minute, for good measure. Nothing emerges from the grates.

Boddynock

First Post
Tarag smiles grimly as the elemental fails to escape. "Well, that'll hold that one, then."

He looks around again, and says to no one in particular, "You know, if this Thyrin does his own crafting, he'd be an interesting fellow to get to know. Come on - let's go rescue him!"

At Keldar's question about tactics, Tarag pauses and says, "Well, as you know, I can call on the power of Chennet' to overawe creatures of fire, but I have no special defense, beyond armour and shield, against elementals of earth. Still, perhaps I should lead the way, and be ready to rebuke any living flame I see. Then the rest of you could make your way forward to deal with it, just as we did last time. And if it's stony, well, I'll just have to take my chances."

"Given the dimensions of the stairs, I don't see what else we can do."

[sblock=Spells & Turnings]Spells per day: 3 / 2+1

Cantrips:
Detect Magic
Guidance
Light (converted to Cure Minor Wounds)

Level 1:
Bless
Burning hands (Fire domain)
Divine Favor

Turn/rebuke attempts per day: 4
Rebukes attempted today: 2[/sblock]

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
"If it's stony, stand behind me. Hopefully, She of the Vengeful Humour will be lenient, and the giant rock will only sprain my arm, as opposed to breaking it."

Galwynn scowls for good measure.

Solange

First Post
Trouvere said:
"It's dangerous to assume that your opponent is stupid," says Keldar. "A beautiful woman told me that once."
"He occasionally listens, I'm impressed," Rapture says.

"If you're weary at the moment m'lord, I can lead the way." Rapture says to Galwynn

Remove ads