[Nov] What Are You Playing?

Agamon

Adventurer
Wasn't a big fan of NWN1 (the multiplayer wasn't quite what I expected and the 1P game was not that interesting), but NWN2 is great fun. That's all I'm really playing right now, plus a little CivIV hotseat with a buddy. Still comptemplating getting a Wii. I've pre-ordered one for Christmas for my nephews, maybe I'll have to crack it open and give a whirl once I get it to help me decide.

Welverin

First Post
Seonaid said:
I'd really like to get through XML so I can start the sequel

Tookme a bit to figure out what you meant because I kept thinking of this.

On PC, I'd love to get through BG, but every time I stop playing, when I come back to it I've forgotten what I'm supposed to do. And in such a way that the journal doesn't help me. But, because I'm crazy (read: anal-retentive), I want to finish BG before I play any of the sequels or Icewind Dale. Sigh.

Just use a faq and be doen with it. Read enough to figure out where you are and get going in the right direction if you feel like it would be cheating.

Arnwyn said:
That is correct. IGN has written about this a few times. Wii-mote only for the Wii build.

Hah, take that, Ryan! Oh, wait. He's probably not reading this.

JRRNeiklot said:
I loved the Ultima series and for some reason Divine Divinity gives me a sort of Ultima feel, though I'm not sure why since the game plays vastly different. Maybe it's the sheer size of the world. And the music. The music kicks ass.

Is it the story, outlook, or general feel? I wouldn't define an Ultima simply by gameplay, after all the Underworlds played a fair bit different from the main line games, but they're still quintessentially Ultima games.

You can get DD now for dirt, so I'd recommend you give it a try.

I can understand you not get my allusion earlier, so.. I already have it, I just haven't gotten around to playing it. I did resist buying the sequel, which from what I recall is at least reasonably good.

Ever play Arx Fatalis, I remeber it being compared to the Ultima Underworld games, which not surprisingly is a positive in my book.

Vigilance

Explorer
I was playing Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and loving it, but then I put in Final Fantasy XII, "just to see the opening cinematic" and well, I havent stopped playing it yet.

And at the end of those two, I have Dragon Quest VIII, which I had rented previously and played all the way through, waiting for me to play again.

Chuck

Neo

Explorer
Currently playing -
NeverWinter Nights 2
Fallout Collection

Playing Intermitantly
UFO Aftershock
Galactic Civilisations 2
Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic

Seonaid

Explorer
Welverin said:
Tookme a bit to figure out what you meant because I kept thinking of this.
That's what I kept thinking, too, but then I read enough reviews of Marvel: UA that I figured it out. :D
Just use a faq and be doen with it. Read enough to figure out where you are and get going in the right direction if you feel like it would be cheating.
Yeah, that's what I should do. Heh, I totally feel like it's cheating, but thanks for the link! I'll check it out . . . :)

JRRNeiklot

First Post
Welverin said:
Is it the story, outlook, or general feel? I wouldn't define an Ultima simply by gameplay, after all the Underworlds played a fair bit different from the main line games, but they're still quintessentially Ultima games.

I can understand you not get my allusion earlier, so.. I already have it, I just haven't gotten around to playing it. I did resist buying the sequel, which from what I recall is at least reasonably good.

Ever play Arx Fatalis, I remeber it being compared to the Ultima Underworld games, which not surprisingly is a positive in my book.

I'd say the generel feeel, outside of combat, of course.

I tried Arx Fatalis, but, like most 3d games, it made me sick - this isn't a crack on the game, most 3d games physically make me sick to my stomach. DD doesn't, maybe because it's so bright and not dark like a lot of games.

Remove ads