Now "Anyone" can be a Dungeon Master!

Pinotage

Explorer
Interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing what's in it, and whether it's worth picking up. Could be useful no matter how good a DM you think you are.

Pinotage

DarrenGMiller

First Post
Knightfall1972 said:
Found this on Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0471783307/104-5203154-8819153?v=glance&n=283155&s=books&v=glance

Dungeon Mastering For Dummies® (Paperback)
By Bill Slavicsek, Rich Baker

Book Description
Everything you need to know to run your very first campaign, from shaping storylines and even writing your own adventures to dealing with unruly players and characters. There's also guidance on how to make the transition from 3.0 to 3.5, the current version of D&D, which released in 2003.

Includes useful 6-page gatefold cheat sheet with the most commonly used tables, codes, and spells that the Dungeon Master needs for easy reference at the gaming table.

Paperback: 360 pages
Publisher: For Dummies (April 10, 2006)
Language: English
ISBN: 0471783307

Interesting. I have been DM'ing since 1982 and I am going to buy it. Of course, my initials are DM and if you use my middle name instead of my first name, my initials are GM (my father's initials). Incidentally, my birthday is April 10. Oh, and I have been called a dummy often (along with some other less friendly things). I guess I'll buy the book.

Back to the regularly scheduled posting.

DM

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
This is an exciting book and goes way against the grain that the industry is dying. Thumbs up!

Which is probably the reason that it is being published. While it will sell most to people who are already gamers, someone (I'm not saying who) probably feels that this book (and the D&D for dummies book) may help bring more people into gaming.

WampusCat43

Explorer
Wouldn't that be cool?

"OK, kids, here is your homework. Please have an adventure ready for the group to play by this time next month." I'd buy one for every player in my group if they'd actually try it.

Reynard

Legend
Joshua Randall said:
This book is a great sign that D&D is successful, robust, and becoming more mainstream. Huzzah!

More importantly, it shows that there is a concerted effort to draw in new players (and DMs!) to support the continued success of the hobby.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
barsoomcore said:
I wonder if the book's any good.
I doubt anyone can answer that since it looks like the street date isn't until April 2006.

I'll probably take a look at it. I know I have plenty of room to improve as a DM. If it offers sound advice and good tips in a useful format, I'll consider buying it.

Remove ads