NSFW General: Tell Us Your Concerts

There is no way I can remember all of them. I started going to concerts sometime in the late 70s. Then there are the ones that I played in, worked security for or ran audio for. The list is...extensive.

I started keeping show journals in the 00s, both for ones I've played and ones I've attended. I really wish I had started doing that from the beginning. While I've got a strong memory and can call some of the earliest of them to mind, it's not the same as having a written record from back then.

There is no way I can remember all of them. I started going to concerts sometime in the late 70s. Then there are the ones that I played in, worked security for or ran audio for. The list is...extensive.

I started keeping show journals in the 00s, both for ones I've played and ones I've attended. I really wish I had started doing that from the beginning. While I've got a strong memory and can call some of the earliest of them to mind, it's not the same as having a written record from back then.
Truth...

Mad_Jack

Legend
Y'know, I was almost positive I remembered seeing Corrosion of Conformity at a local venue back in the late '90's but I just looked at a site that listed all their concert dates and apparently, they never played around here during that time.
Damn I'm getting old.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Nah... Now that I think of it, I seem to recall that I didn't go to the show because it wasn't quite local enough for me, and I wasn't into them quite enough to travel that far and pay that much to see them. I was a broke college student at the time.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Hmm...let's see how many music concerts I can remember...
  • My first concert was Def Leppard's "Hysteria" tour in 1980-something. I was still in high school, and they were my favorite band.
  • And I think my second concert was Monster Magnet and Candlebox, in the early 90s
Then everything starts running together, so I'll present them in no particular order:
  • U2's "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" tour, which was meh.
  • Def Leppard's "Adrenalize" tour, pretty good show. This would have been, what, 1994?
  • Def Leppard / Journey double-headline at Red Rocks Amphitheatre. Best venue I've ever seen.
  • Matchbox Twenty "Yourself or Someone Like You" tour. The sound of the 90s for me.
  • The Airborne Toxic Event, live at the Roseland. Excellent show, excellent after-party.
  • Matchbox Twenty "Mad Season" tour. Tonic was the opening band. Pretty good show.
  • Sixpence None the Richer, "Beautiful Mess" tour. Had waffles with the band after the show.
  • Gogol Bordello, live at the Crystal Ballroom. Excellent show, terrible venue.
  • The Airborne Toxic Event, "All At Once" tour, excellent show.
  • The Airborne Toxic Event, "Such Hot Blood" tour, amazing show.
  • Gogol Bordello, "Seekers & Finders" tour, one of the best shows I've been to.
  • Jonathan Coulton, live at The Aladdin. Paul & Storm opened. It was so good.
  • An Evening With Amanda Palmer and Neil Gaimon. Unlike any other show I've been to.
  • Billy Joel / Elton John double-headline at...some venue in Denver, can't remember its name. Good show.
  • The Doubleclicks, live at the Doug Fir Lounge. They are amazing.
That's about all that I can think of, off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Hmm...let's see how many music concerts I can remember...
  • My first concert was Def Leppard's "Hysteria" tour in 1980-something. I was still in high school, and they were my favorite band <SNIP>
Great show, in the round, Tesla opened (and was awesome) and I sat about 4 rows back on the side. normally crappy seats but since they were in the round I was at eye level with the stage

R_J_K75

Legend
  • Gogol Bordello, live at the Crystal Ballroom. Excellent show, terrible venue.
Saw them opening for Primus around 2010 in Cleveland. I never heard of them before, and it was like a circus on stage.
Great show, in the round, Tesla opened (and was awesome)
I saw Tesla a bunch in the early 2000s. They used to come through town and play the local club circuit for a while. They always put on a great show. Too bad Tommy Skeotch isn't with them anymore. Think Troy Luketta left too. Unfortunately, anything after Psychotic Supper was kind of forgettable. Very underrated band IMO.

Remove ads