NSFW General: Tell Us Your Concerts

I've not seen a lot of shows, but my list.

• Kingston Trio (I was like 8, my parents went and I was dragged along. From what little I can remember it was fun).
  • Styx - Kilroy was Here tour. I loved the whole concert within a play thing.
  • Eurythmics - Touch tour - Howard Jones opened. That was a blast.
  • Ratt, Fastway and Bronze - hair metal concert. I ended up in a Ratt video on a crowd shot from that (Wanted Man).
  • Judas Priest - Defenders of the Faith tour. That was extreme.
  • Billy Joel - Tour for the Bridge - we had dress circle first row, and could see his fingers on the keys. We could have had floor on the other side of the venue - it pays to know how the artist sets up their stage.
  • Meat Loaf with Cheap Trick Opening - Bat out of Hell 2 Tour - it was fantastic.
  • John Fogerty - Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers opened - Deja Vu tour if I remember. I enjoyed the show, and because a huge fan of Clyne.
  • Rush - Snakes and Arrows Tour. It was Rush, so it was fantastic.
  • Jake Shimibikuru - This was at a small outdoor venue - maybe sat 3000. He was amazing.
  • Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - Same Venue as above, we were like 20 feet from the stage - these guys were/are our favorite Neoswing band, and it was a great sho.
  • Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band - same venue - he was a local (I actually lived about 20 blocks from him but didn't know it until later). They put on a fantastic show.
  • Return to Forever - their Reunion tour - with the best lineup - Di Meola, Corea, Clarke, and White. I never thought I'd see that lineup because they had split by the time I discovered them. That was just a tour de force of musicianship.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Return to Forever - their Reunion tour - with the best lineup - Di Meola, Corea, Clarke, and White. I never thought I'd see that lineup because they had split by the time I discovered them. That was just a tour de force of musicianship.
I saw that one, too- an INCREDIBLE show, no question.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Speaking of singalong bands…

When Metallica was out on the AJFA tour, I HAD to go see Queensÿche, who was opening, supporting Operation: Mindcrime.

I’m glad I did, because in a way, it was almost cursed. (Maybe it was, from their perspective.) The day of the show, they did an appearance/autograph session at Sound Warehouse, and I was there. Geoff Tate saw what I was wearing (it stood out, and so did I), especially my skull & crossbones suspenders. He liked them, and said so. I almost gave them to him, but didn’t, instead saying, “I got them at Miller’s Outpost!” He looked puzzled and disappointed. It’s good I didn’t do the fanboy thing, though- shortly before I was going to get in my car with my friends and go to the arena, the clasps failed “explosively”, sending parts all over my dorm room. I had to put on different suspenders.

Later, as Tate was trying to do an audience participation bit with “Revolution Calling” he tried to get the crowd to shout…well… “Revolution Calling!” Instead, most simply went “Yay!” Again, poor Geoff looked deflated.

Last edited:

Saw them opening for Primus around 2010 in Cleveland. I never heard of them before, and it was like a circus on stage.

I saw Tesla a bunch in the early 2000s. They used to come through town and play the local club circuit for a while. They always put on a great show. Too bad Tommy Skeotch isn't with them anymore. Think Troy Luketta left too. Unfortunately, anything after Psychotic Supper was kind of forgettable. Very underrated band IMO.

I wish I had seen Tesla back in their heyday. Ditto Dokken. Two of my favorite singalong bands from that era.
I've seen Tesla 4? times and Dokken twice. Dokken was the original lune up (both in the 80s as opening acts) Tesla with 3 different line-ups, opening (80s) Club (90s) Opening and headlining (10s)

Speaking of singalong bands…

When Metallica was out on the AJFA tour, I HAD to go see Queensÿche, who was opening, supporting Operation: Mindcrime.

I’m glad I did, because in a way, it was almost cursed. (Maybe it was, from their perspective.) The day of the show, they did an appearance/autograph session at Sound Warehouse, and I was there. Geoff Tate saw what I was wearing (it stood out, and so did I), especially my skull & crossbones suspenders. He liked them, and said so. I almost gave them to him, but didn’t, instead saying, “I got them at Miller’s Outpost!” He looked puzzled and disappointed. It’s good I didn’t do the fanboy thing, though- shortly before I was going to get in my car with my friends and go to the arena, the clasps failed “explosively”, sending parts all over my dorm room. I had to put on different suspenders.

Later, as Tate was trying to do an audience participation bit with “Revolution Calling” he tried to get the crowd to shout…well… “Revolution Calling!” Instead, most simply went “Yay!” Again, poor Geoff looked deflated.
They don't build rock audiences like they used to. 🤣🤣 🤘

Saw them opening for Primus around 2010 in Cleveland. I never heard of them before, and it was like a circus on stage.

I saw Tesla a bunch in the early 2000s. They used to come through town and play the local club circuit for a while. They always put on a great show. Too bad Tommy Skeotch isn't with them anymore. Think Troy Luketta left too. Unfortunately, anything after Psychotic Supper was kind of forgettable. Very underrated band IMO.
Troy never left the band, but there were a couple times when he had some health issues that he had a 'sit in' replacement. I was glad when Tommy came back, but knee it couldn't last, he just can't get off the junk. 😞

R_J_K75

Legend
Troy never left the band, but there were a couple times when he had some health issues that he had a 'sit in' replacement. I was glad when Tommy came back, but knee it couldn't last, he just can't get off the junk. 😞
I think they all had their problems through the years. Pretty sure I read that Tommy was kicked out if of the band for stealing equipment for drug money, but I could be mistaken. Last time I saw them was 2004 or 2005 and Jeff Keith said he had a cold, translation, drunk and coked up seemed more like it. Was probably the worst I've ever saw them play. I bought Into the Now and Forever More but I didnt care much for those CDs. I dont follow them much anymore but maybe I'll dust off those two and give them another listen.

Remove ads