O.G.R.E: Online Generic Randomizer Engine

Bagpuss

Legend
Can a table be self referring? I would guess not as it might cause issues with loops? But I was wondering how you deal with "Roll twice on this table" type actions which are quite common in table design.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I guess a controlling table which referred to the main table in this manner:

1-95) Rolls once on table A
96-99) Rolls twice on table A
00) Rolls threetimes on table A

I also use loops sometimes for something similar.

Last edited:

Bagpuss

Legend
You could do with a little script that checks the first character of the result of the random table called and then adds "a " or "an " in front of it. That way you could have a table that has both "church" and "abandoned building" then you could lead in with either "the" or the script I mentioned. So you won't end up with "a abandoned building".

As it is the table needs to say "a church" and "an abandoned building" which means you can't have "the" as a lead in.

Bagpuss

Legend
Can't get the if script to work in a Table... here's the code

Code:
in a church {$check: {1d2}} {print: $check} {if: $check = 1} during a funeral{elseif: $check = 2} during a wedding{else} when it is empty{/if}

And even though it prints 2 as the result it always put in "when it is empty".

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Are you seeing my replies, Bagpuss? I keep answering your questions, but you don't say anything and continue on a new subject as though I'd said nothing! I'm starting to feel paranoid you can't see my posts!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So on the offchance you are seeing my posts, re. your most recent question - perhaps try removing the spaces round the =. I don't know if that will work, though. So you're trying to save yourself creating another table by using scripts instead?

Bagpuss

Legend
Yeah when there are only a few options it seems to make more sense.

Removing the spaces has fixed it.

Last edited:

Remove ads