OA Weapons Help

Villano

First Post
On p.73 of OA, there's a picture of a weapon called a goad (a short weapon with a spike and hook at the end). Were the stats on this omitted, or am I missing something?

If they aren't in the book, does anyone know what (or where) they are?

Also, there's a weapon called a Shikomi-zue. As it's portrayed on p.71, it looks like a type of sword cane (in this case, a sword hidden in a bamboo staff), but in its description on p.74, it says that it is a quarterstaff that has a hidden spearhead that can released with a twist or push of a button. It can also be used as a double weapon.

Obviously, this doesn't match the picture at all.

The stats given on it are clearly for the large staff like in the description.

Are there any stats on the sword cane?

I'm currently playing in an OA/Rokugan game and I'm working on some back-up characters just in case (since resurrection is a taboo in Rokugan) and both these weapons seem ideally suited to certain characters.

Grayswandir

Just a lurker
Hmm, you're quite correct. That is tricky. Have you checked errata? I would probably just use the stats for a Siangham and a Short Sword or Wakizashi or Ninja-to, giving it a bonus to remain undetected (if someone is searching you for weapons).

Villano

First Post
Grayswandir said:
Hmm, you're quite correct. That is tricky. Have you checked errata? I would probably just use the stats for a Siangham and a Short Sword or Wakizashi or Ninja-to, giving it a bonus to remain undetected (if someone is searching you for weapons).

Nope, nothing in the errata, unless it's covered on the WotC website. Unfortunately, their site and my system (WebTV) are incompatible (their catalogue appears over every page).

The stats on the ninja-to would probably work best for the shikomi-zue, but I'd prefer to have the official stats (if they exist).

The goad seems to have fallen totally between the cracks. I would guess that it's a peircing weapon with a trip bonus (due to the hook). It may also have a disarm bonus, as well.

What makes it difficult is the "exotic weapon" factor (i.e., is it exotic in Rokugan?). Shikomi-zue would most likely be, but the goad may not.

Villano

First Post
Moulin Rogue said:
For the goad stats, see page 8 of the OA web enhancement.

Thanks. Where is it?

Attachments

• DpbZLJRX4AAcNtL.jpg-large.jpg
    DpbZLJRX4AAcNtL.jpg-large.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 726

Remove ads