Obi-Wan Kenobi (spoilers)

MGibster

Legend
Didn't spot that myself but not American. Reva was alot better this episode she was just to chaotic stupid episode 1/2. Actors doing fine imho.
I didn't spot it either and I'm American. Personally, I think that particular interpretation is a stretch. I also disagree with the assessment that she's been chaotic stupid. Her behavior was explained in the first episode where they establish that Jedi just can't help but be Jedi. When Reva cuts off that woman's hand on Tatooine and threatens Own, she's doing it for a specific purpose. Vader did the same thing while looking for Obi-Wan but I don't think anyone calls him chaotic stupid.

Zardnaar

Legend
I didn't spot it either and I'm American. Personally, I think that particular interpretation is a stretch. I also disagree with the assessment that she's been chaotic stupid. Her behavior was explained in the first episode where they establish that Jedi just can't help but be Jedi. When Reva cuts off that woman's hand on Tatooine and threatens Own, she's doing it for a specific purpose. Vader did the same thing while looking for Obi-Wan but I don't think anyone calls him chaotic stupid.

She was annoying the other inquisitors though. Even in crappy regimes they don't tend to do such things in public.

I also disagree with the assessment that she's been chaotic stupid.
  • Unnecessarily antagonises allies;
  • ignores orders;
  • works at cross purposes to her own team;
  • lies to her own team;
  • stabs party member in the back.
That's a fairly good fit for your typical Chaotic Stupid party member. Not that there is anything wrong with this outside of a D&D context. Real life has plenty of chaotic stupid people. And I expect her motives will become clear in the big penultimate episode flashback.

Mallus

Legend
Fun episode. The rebel fly by attack was a bit over the top, even if I liked it. How could they surprise the Tower. Don't they use scanners?
I think those craft were like the snowspeeders in Empire and the implication was they flew in 'below the radar'. Of course that would mean there weren't spacecraft, and they skipped the scenes showing how they got to that moon. Yeah, it was a little confusing.

MarkB

Legend
I think those craft were like the snowspeeders in Empire and the implication was they flew in 'below the radar'. Of course that would mean there weren't spacecraft, and they skipped the scenes showing how they got to that moon. Yeah, it was a little confusing.
What's confusing? We see the surviving speeder dock with a transport ship. That's how they got in.

And they have an Imperial officer working with them. If the ship and/or speeders need clearance codes to get close, she could provide them.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
If you listen to Vader's conversation with Reva in Ep 3 he doesn't actually confirm GI is dead. He just allows Reva to believe it.
This also could play into a potential redemption arc or, perhaps more likely, villain-turns-on-other-villains plot twist for Reva, if the Grand Inquisitor shows back up/Vader betrays her later.

It was a fun episode. Happy we got to see more of the Inquisitor stronghold that I remember playing through in Jedi Fallen Order. Obi Wan does some minor force stuff, and lots of deflecting of laser blasts.

The writing isn't stellar, but it is entertaining and seems to be going somewhere.

Mallus

Legend
What's confusing? We see the surviving speeder dock with a transport ship. That's how they got in.
The speeders look too much like A-wings to me. I had the same problem with them in Empire. They actually call them T-47s in the episode, but when they first appeared on screen I though they were star fighters that jumped in.

A like of dialogue about flying below their scanners would have been nice. Though it is obvious that's what they did, It would also help if there was a clearer delineation between vehicles that are a) airplanes, b) glorified hovercraft, c) and interstellar starships. But I guess that's Star Wars for you :).

• Unnecessarily antagonises allies;
  • ignores orders;
  • works at cross purposes to her own team;
  • lies to her own team;
  • stabs party member in the back.
That's a fairly good fit for your typical Chaotic Stupid party member. Not that there is anything wrong with this outside of a D&D context. Real life has plenty of chaotic stupid people. And I expect her motives will become clear in the big penultimate episode flashback.
I actually felt more like the other Inquisitors were Chaotic Stupid, because they didn't realize that Reva's plan was working. They in fact seemed kinda squeamish, seemingly having problems with Reva's brutality and cruelty. But she wasn't even as bad as Vader was when he appears on the scene and casually breaks some kids neck when going after Obi-Wan. Unless they are afraid of out-eviling Vader, I am not sure whey they were holding back.

The backstabbing was kinda mutual - the Grand Inquisitor should have just worked together with Reva, instead of sending her way so he could get the glory for himself. If they hadn't had that stupid discussion and backstabbing, they probably could have had Obi-Wan.

Remove ads