Obi-Wan Kenobi (spoilers)

MGibster

Legend
  • Unnecessarily antagonises allies;
Those allies treat Reva like garbage. I'd antagonize them too.
  • ignores orders;
Their orders are pretty stupid. She gets results.
  • works at cross purposes to her own team;
The same team that wants to keep her down? I'd work at cross purpose as well.
  • lies to her own team;
Seriously, %#@! those guys. I'd lie to them too. They're not my friends.
  • stabs party member in the back.
She stabbed her commanding officer who treats her like garbage and plans to take credit for what she's done to find Kenobi. At the risk of repeating myself, %#@# that guy.
That's a fairly good fit for your typical Chaotic Stupid party member.
I think part of the problem might be that you're looking at this from a gaming perspective. This isn't a game, it's a story, and it's a story where Reva is an odds with the organization she belongs to. Her actions make sense, they're not stupid.

Ryujin

Legend
I actually felt more like the other Inquisitors were Chaotic Stupid, because they didn't realize that Reva's plan was working. They in fact seemed kinda squeamish, seemingly having problems with Reva's brutality and cruelty. But she wasn't even as bad as Vader was when he appears on the scene and casually breaks some kids neck when going after Obi-Wan. Unless they are afraid of out-eviling Vader, I am not sure whey they were holding back.

The backstabbing was kinda mutual - the Grand Inquisitor should have just worked together with Reva, instead of sending her way so he could get the glory for himself. If they hadn't had that stupid discussion and backstabbing, they probably could have had Obi-Wan.
And besides, that was plainly a front-stabbing.

Those allies treat Reva like garbage. I'd antagonize them too.

Their orders are pretty stupid. She gets results.

The same team that wants to keep her down? I'd work at cross purpose as well.

Seriously, %#@! those guys. I'd lie to them too. They're not my friends.

She stabbed her commanding officer who treats her like garbage and plans to take credit for what she's done to find Kenobi. At the risk of repeating myself, %#@# that guy.

I think part of the problem might be that you're looking at this from a gaming perspective. This isn't a game, it's a story, and it's a story where Reva is an odds with the organization she belongs to. Her actions make sense, they're not stupid.
Sure, her behaviour might well be understandable, and if she was in a 1970s cop show like Starsky and Hutch, defying her stupid bosses in order to catch a villain, even admirable.

But when people start talking about "Chaotic Stupid" a gaming perspective is implied. It simply does not exist in any other context. And in D&D terms, her behaviour fits a chaotic alignment. That does not imply a value judgment. Lawful Stupid is equally stupid.

Ryujin

Legend
Sure, her behaviour might well be understandable, and if she was in a 1970s cop show like Starsky and Hutch, defying her stupid bosses in order to catch a villain, even admirable.

But when people start talking about "Chaotic Stupid" a gaming perspective is implied. It simply does not exist in any other context. And in D&D terms, her behaviour fits a chaotic alignment. That does not imply a value judgment. Lawful Stupid is equally stupid.
Just more predictable.

Hussar

Legend
They kept his training helmet on him, all the way from the Jedi temple to Mustafar, including when being frozen in Amber?

I found that super weird.
I thought this was more of a trophy room. These Jedi were on display. And, being on display like this, really drives it home to Obi-Wan just how bad things really are. It's one thing to kill your enemies, but, to turn them into hunting trophies is horrific. And, wouldn't this be something of a trophy room for Vader? This is how far Vader has fallen (as if we needed more - but, this is all pre-Episode IV so, Obi-Wan hasn't actually seen just how bad Vader really is yet) and presumably goes a long way to convincing Obi-Wan to not tell Luke who his father really is. I mean, there's a difference between, "Your father is the right hand man to the Emperor, he's really bad" and "Your father is a psychopath, child murderer who keeps trophies of his kills".

MGibster

Legend
I thought this was more of a trophy room. These Jedi were on display. And, being on display like this, really drives it home to Obi-Wan just how bad things really are. It's one thing to kill your enemies, but, to turn them into hunting trophies is horrific. And, wouldn't this be something of a trophy room for Vader? This is how far Vader has fallen (as if we needed more - but, this is all pre-Episode IV so, Obi-Wan hasn't actually seen just how bad Vader really is yet) and presumably goes a long way to convincing Obi-Wan to not tell Luke who his father really is. I mean, there's a difference between, "Your father is the right hand man to the Emperor, he's really bad" and "Your father is a psychopath, child murderer who keeps trophies of his kills".
I'm wondering if the Emperor set up that tomb just to mess with Vader. Vader's a brute, don't get me wrong, but it seems odd for him to have a tomb filled with so many of his victims.

I have realized that all the problems Leia is giving Vader and the Empire now starting when she was just 10 years old gives new meaning to why the Death Star just happened to be near Alderaan while she was a prisoner on it. It was not chance, it was revenge.

Remove ads