Obi-Wan Kenobi (spoilers)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
It was a satisfying end episode for the story,

I did not like the Qui-gon cameo though, a ghost on the side of the road who was ‘always with you’ seems more like Ben being delusional (and a little too “Footsteps in the Sand”)

and why is Vader searching the galaxy when he already knows Obi-Wan lives on Tatooine?

pukunui

Legend
I don’t think any of them discovered that Obi-Wan lives on Tatooine. Reva had to kidnap Leia to draw Obi-Wan out of hiding, but she encountered him on Daiyu, not Tatooine. Reva also learned that Luke was on Tatooine but not that Obi-Wan has been living there too. And she didn’t share that info with Vader since he’d already left her for dead.

Ryujin

Legend
I don’t think any of them discovered that Obi-Wan lives on Tatooine. Reva had to kidnap Leia to draw Obi-Wan out of hiding, but she encountered him on Daiyu, not Tatooine. Reva also learned that Luke was on Tatooine but not that Obi-Wan has been living there too. And she didn’t share that info with Vader since he’d already left her for dead.
Though Reva obviously knows that Kenobi has been on Tatooine, now, and that Luke is there.

G

Guest 7034872

I'll leave the picking of innumerable nits to those who enjoy such things.

I liked the finale and I liked the series.
Paul Farquhar, I think it was, who first predicted it'd be a redemption story for Reva, and he was on the money (nice call, Paul). The redemption arc for Obi-Wan I liked, too, and the final light saber duel was great. The call-back to RotJ at the end of the duel fit naturally and worked well, and it's even consistent with, "When last we met, I was but a learner..."

I rate the whole series just a hair under The Mandalorian. Sure, it had a rocky start, but soon enough it got there and ultimately delivered more than I expected. Ingram's acting (especially in her final scene) was just spot on: ain't nothin' wooden here, baby. Really, really good.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I really liked that lightsaber fight.

I don't like bouncy flippy lightsaber fights*. I like it when they feel real, and that there is passion behind them. The Luke v Vader fight in RotJ is awesome. It doesn't need triple cartwheels or spinning whizzing stuff. That's just cartoony.

This one was good. There were a few moments (Ewan, you don't need to do that random forward roll, and especially not three times) but it was good. It felt real; way better than those in the prequels (though I'll give the one with Maul a pass).

*Yoda vs Dooku never happened. I refused to believe it.

Remove ads