• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Obi-Wan Kenobi (spoilers)

MarkB

Legend
I just want to know how Reva can get up from being stabbed through the abdomen, find her transport(and have it still be there), and fly to Tatooine all before the empire finishes firing at the escaping transport. Then the transport lands, the fight happens, and Obi-Wan gets to Tatooine in time to see her with Luke.

Loved the episode, but it played loose with timing a bit too much.
Reva was in the hangar along with the decoy transport ship Vader ripped up. Now obviously she's not going anywhere in that, but we know the transport that did escape had a hyperspace-capable landing craft, so it's reasonable that the other one would have done too.

And what's wrong with the timing? Reva needs extra time to cope with her grievous stab wound, find Owen's farm and then dramatically wait for nightfall, while Obi-wan needs extra time to decide to leave the otherwise-doomed transport, wait while the landing craft is prepared, have a few heartfelt conversations, play tag with a star destroyer, land on a planet and have a protracted fight with his former pupil. No particular reason why one should take any longer than the other.

I'm all for setting things up so that he failed, but at least write in something plausible. If you have a Sith Lord at saber point like that and you're going to kill him, you don't take chances. ;)
And then you go to the dark side and become a Sith Lord yourself and nothing is achieved.

I think you may have missed the memo about Star Wars being a morality play.

I liked it. I wanted to see a Qui Gon force ghost, and I got it at the end. I really liked the scene where Obi Wan cuts half of Vaders helmet off, and we see mutilated Hayden inside. They did that perfectly.

Some of the screens in the dark scenes were a bit too obvious, but overall really well done. I also really liked the way they did the sound effects in this episode. Both the light sabers and Vaders voice combined with that of Hayden. Really well done. Reva's motivation for sparing Luke was a bit weak, but the actress did pretty well.

I wouldn't mind seeing further adventures of Obi Wan. Maybe a Fallen Order cross over of sorts? Timeline wise that would work.

Zardnaar

Legend
Not to mention kids who might be watching Star Wars for the first time.
For what it's worth, I thought it did a good job of adding value to the original trilogy. I was a little worried when young Leia showed up in the first episode, but by the end I thought they did a great job with it.

Also, one of my favourite things about Disney Star Wars is the way they combine the visual aesthetics of the prequels and the original trilogy. That aspect was particularly strong with this series. They created some iconic imagery, especially with that last episode.

The visuals and lighting were great imho.

Zardnaar

Legend
I enjoyed the episode, mostly, as I've enjoyed the show, mostly.

My one big problem with it is that Obi-wan had the beating of Vader, again, and walked away leaving him alive, again. Given that he is (as far as he knows) one of only two Jedi masters left alive, and given that Vader represents a huge danger both to the galaxy as a whole and to Luke and Leia in particular, shouldn't he have finished the job?

(And, funnily enough, the producers had a way out of that already built in - all they needed to do was bring his "Luke's in danger!" vision forward by a few seconds, and he suddenly has a really good reason to leave the job half-done.)

Destiny. The force knows. Kill Vader who takes out the Emperor? Luke's to weak.

Remove ads