Obi-Wan Kenobi (spoilers)

But lots of really dumb stuff too. Too bad Inquisitor wasn't watching Bail since he would have led them right to his secret cave. "Let's get out of these clothes and dress exactly like a Jedi to hide".

You're seriously underestimating the power and influence Bail Organa has. There is a reason the Inquisition (and the Emperor or Vader) are pissed at Reva for messing with his kid.

The Imperial Senate wont be disbanded for another decade yet, and even Vader and the Inquisition are not in a position to be openly murdering Senators, which would effectively kick off a Galactic civil war.

The Emperor wants to consolidate power, and for the Death Star to be built first. Then Vader can step out of the shadows, he can disband the Imperial Senate, and simply blow up any planet that dares defy him.

Or basically the plot of Episode 4.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Yes she did. She sensed him as the Sith Lord Pilot of his souped up Tie fighter several episodes before (and blacked out from the shock).
[...]
When she met him in person later, and they dueled, she knew exactly who he was:
It is implied from those first encounters that she suspects he is Anakin; she recognizes his presence through the Force, but finds it difficult to accept. By the time they duel, she is certain of it and has come to accept it. Pair this with the last story arc in Clone Wars, and it feels like it should not be such a surprise to her...

It would be pretty bizarre to have two identical people be Grand Inquisitor back-to-back.

FWIW Wookieepedia is treating them as the same person.

Right. Vader formed the Inquisitors, 10 regular and the Grand Inquisitor. There was only ever one of each and, until Disney changes it in the future, as each died, they were not replaced with a new one, so by the time of the original movie, all were dead and the group was disbanded. Of course, now that Cal Kestis has a sequel video game, if he gets more Inquisitors to fight, either they cannot die in the game or they will because they are replacements for previous ones who died in other stories.

G

Guest 7034872

I guess my own opinions line up mostly with wicked cool's: the acting (and also the writing) for both Reva and Leia were really, really weak. Nearly all the rest of the writing, though, was great and McGregor's acting was stellar, as usual, as was Smits'.

The acting from the girl playing Leia I simply could not stand; I wanted to because I recognize how hard a role like that is for a child actor, but in the end I just couldn't stand it. And the writing around her was awful at times: a nine-year-old child on half-grown legs runs from four or five scary grown men and yet somehow they don't catch her inside of two seconds? That must be a new Force ability I haven't heard of before. Really, I blame the writers for that weak overall performance, not the actress herself: they never should have given so much dialogue to a kid so unprepared for the role's demands.

Still, there's a lot in these two episodes that I like very much. From these first two episodes I rate it well below The Mandalorian but still above The Book of Boba Fett (and far above the main story sequels and prequels).

Right. Vader formed the Inquisitors, 10 regular and the Grand Inquisitor. There was only ever one of each and, until Disney changes it in the future, as each died, they were not replaced with a new one, so by the time of the original movie, all were dead and the group was disbanded. Of course, now that Cal Kestis has a sequel video game, if he gets more Inquisitors to fight, either they cannot die in the game or they will because they are replacements for previous ones who died in other stories.
That doesn't entirely make sense, since it is stated in Fallen Order that when a jedi is caught some are killed both others are turned, becoming new inquisitors. The Grand Inquisitor also shows an interest in turning Ezra in Rebels.

Also in Fallen Order Cal Kestis gets to kill a whole bunch of unnamed inquisitor mooks.

Clearly, once he was confident the Jedi where gone, Palpatine would want to see the Inquisitors wiped out.

That doesn't entirely make sense, since it is stated in Fallen Order that when a jedi is caught some are killed both others are turned, becoming new inquisitors. The Grand Inquisitor also shows an interest in turning Ezra in Rebels.

Also in Fallen Order Cal Kestis gets to kill a whole bunch of unnamed inquisitor mooks.

Clearly, once he was confident the Jedi where gone, Palpatine would want to see the Inquisitors wiped out.

Those lesser ones do not count as the main ones, though. There are only 10 Brothers/Sisters and one Grand Inquisitor. Once all 11 of those are dead, the Organization is disbanded, rather than promoting more into those 11 roles.

It is implied from those first encounters that she suspects he is Anakin; she recognizes his presence through the Force, but finds it difficult to accept. By the time they duel, she is certain of it and has come to accept it. Pair this with the last story arc in Clone Wars, and it feels like it should not be such a surprise to her...

No, she clearly knows who it is from that first time sensing him (and he also her).

She literally tells him as much the first time they come face to face.

Remove ads