D&D 5E Obvious synergies you never realized

Cleric with the Arcane domain and the 6th Level Spell Breaker power combined with the Regenerate spell. For 1 hour you can remove a 5th level spell from the creature under the Regenerate spell, each round. Heal/Debuff is also a viable tactic, especially w/ healing word...
“ You are Healed....but I take away your Fly spell”

Elf Cleric of Trickery, Elven Accuracy Feat, & Invoke Duplicity Divine Channel, all Finesse melee Attacks and Wis based Attacks (Spiritual Weapon) have Super Advantage.
I would greatly appreciate any other Cleric of Trickery tactics people have devised, a little obsessed with a C.o.T. plus Dragonmark of Shadow combo.

Iry

Hero
Paladin 2 / Diviner 18
28 Level 1 Spell Slots to Smite with.
Full Plate + Shield + Spell Mastery (Shield).
Tons of Exploration Pillar spells.
Three Portents for Smite.

Lore Bard 20
Magical Secrets (6): Armor of Agathys, Find Steed.
Magical Secrets (10): Find Greater Steed, Holy Weapon.
Magical Secrets (14): Tenser's Transformation, Contingency.
Ride your griffon. It also has Armor of Agathys and Holy Weapon, or Tenser's.
Contingency Agathys when your Agathys goes down from damage.
Mounted Combat to direct damage to you. Cutting Words to reduce damage to your mount.

Last edited:

Sacrosanct

Legend
To be honest, I don’t have any interest in synergies with high level builds, because hardly anyone plays high level D&D, and thus are mostly white room only synergies.

Iry

Hero
To be honest, I don’t have any interest in synergies with high level builds, because hardly anyone plays high level D&D, and thus are mostly white room only synergies.
Almost everything suggested in this thread comes online much earlier than 20th.

Sacrosanct

Legend
That is what the Matrix wants you to think.
The Synergy of casting Invulnerability and not taking damage for 10 minutes works in rooms of all colors...even white rooms with black curtains located by stations...aka Cream rooms.

Nah, pretty much every survey that has ever been done verifies hardly anyone plays high level D&D

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Druid wildshaping allows you to keep any class feature that the new form would be capable of. Animals can get mad [citation needed]. Therefore, a moon druid multiclassed with barbarian is capable of maintaining rage while in their beast form inflating their effective hp pool even further.
Also, bear monks. Or bear [fast animal] for extreme speed. Or fly monk for unseen full powered punches from a fly.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
So it just hit me. I noticed that the polearm mastery feat in Beyond is different than my PHB. I guess it got errata'd that spears now apply with that feat. So immediately my mind went to the following synergy:

spear + shield
polearm mastery
dueling fighting style

So you get the AC bonus with the shield (and can get shield mastery down the line), and get 2 attacks per round. One at 1d6+2(dueling)+3(str), and one at 1d4+2+3. 6-11pts and 6-9 pts each round? That seems...a lot for a first level variant human fighter. Along with the high AC to boot. And the extra AoO due to the feat.

So what synergies were pretty obvious that you never really noticed before, or it took a while to notice them?
Watch Brad Pitt as Achilles in the movie Troy to see a perfect example of someone with spear and shield like this synergy suggests.

Remove ads