[Oct] What Are You Reading?

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Tanya Huff's Smoke and Mirrors, the sequel to Smoke and Shadows.

Smoke and Shadows was one of those books that it took me a couple tries to get into. Once I did this second time around, I was more in the mood for a modern story and it flew by. This series picks up after the Victory Nelson series ends. Tony and Henry have moved across the country to Vancouver, where Tony is trying to build an independent life for himself away from vampire Henry's shadow. Tony works as an assistant for a small TV production firm who makes Darkest Night, a straight-to-syndication show about a vampire detective. Shadow scouts from another world begin to enter ours, and Tony has to become a hero to fend them off.

Smoke and Mirrors finds the production crew shooting on location at a house that is very, very deeply haunted.

Asmo

First Post
At last ,like a kid longing for that very special christmas present, I´ve finally started "Fools Fate" by Robin Hobb. And she delivers, yes she does! Wonderful stuff so far.

Asmo

nopantsyet

First Post
I was traveling for work last week, so I read Anansi Boys, by Neil Gaiman. If you liked American Gods, you should like this. It's a bit more focused, a bit more playful, but with all the surrealist fun that makes Gaiman so enjoyable. Sadly, international travel and hotel time provided plenty of time to wrap this up, so I'm looking for my next mark.

Jakar

First Post
Reading the new Kate Elliot book. Cannot remember what it is called and am too lazy this Monday morning to go downstairs and have a look :p

Troy by David Gemmell - solid stuff but after being half way through, I'd have to say not his best. I'm strange though when it comes to David Gemmell as I preferred his Rigante series above the Drenai and others. Let it be said though that I really enjoyed all of them .

Pleasures of Small Motions by Bob Fancher (an excellent book on the psychology and mental side of pocket billiards). Actually, are there any other serious pool players out there? I mean I've represented Australia in an amateur capacity but I'm talking real serious - professional even.

However, all is in stasis as it has been for several years now. October 19th represents my day of satiation. I'm almost considering taking two days off of work, cancelling my evening maths tutoring commitments and telling my wife that I will resurface to the land of the living on October 21st. Fortunately she understands (If only this other once a fortnight D&D habit I have was so well received too). I am of course talking about the Australian release of A Feast for Crows by George R. R. Martin.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

WmRAllen67

First Post
Right now it's 1491 by Charles C. Mann, and next it will be either The Pirate Wars by Peter Earle or Phoenix and Ashes by Mercedes Lackey. Last week was Living on Wilderness Time by Melissa Walker and 1776 by David McCullough...

Ok, so it's a bit eclectic...

Undead Pete

First Post
I'm in a horror mood, so I'm reading Dispatch, the new book from Bentley Little. Sometimes his books are a bit gimmicky, but this one is top-notch.

Paragon Kobold

First Post
I just finished Terry Pratchett's Thud! last night.

Pratchett has a more interesting and (pardon the word) deep take on Dwarven
culture than all the different "Dwarf" Books for RPGs combined.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases