[Oct] What Are You Reading?

shaylon

First Post
DungeonmasterCal said:
Divorce papers.

Ouch.

I am reading the Crossroads to Twilight, or something like that, by Robert Jordan. This is in preparation for the new Jordan novel due out in a few weeks. By far this is the most boring Jordan to date. I am about halfway through and it has been almost all Perrin Aybara. Thank goodness! He is such a deep and diverse character that I really like! I hope you can sense the sarcasm from that last statement because I am laying it on pretty thick. He was a cool character in the first 3 books or so but now he is like a block of wood. A block of wood that loves his wife, sure, but still a block of wood. 400 pages in and no Rand? The main freaking character around which the entire storyline is built and he is a no show in the tenth novel?

I can't wait until they are done and over with. I have invested a lot in the story and overall they have been pretty good but these last few novels have been a chore at best.

After this I will read the next Jordan then I am heading into some old Feist. The Magician series.

-Shay

Current Hardcover:

City Of Splendors (New Greenwood/Cunningham Waterdeep novel). So far, pretty good. Not so great that I wouldn't recomend waiting until the Paperback comes out in a year or two.

Current Paper Back:

Just finished The Dragons' Return (Anthology for Monte's Arcana Evolved, which was very good with one notable exception).

I'm just getting ready to start Valnir's Bane, a Warhammer novel. So far I've really enjoyed the Warhammer line of fantasy novels.

Remove ads