• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oddest class combination in a party?

MarauderX said:
Barbarian/Bard, since 6th level.
I thought it interesting as a build at first, but the player really knows how to maximize the benefits in any given situation or threat. The class abilities work well together to add bonuses that pop his abilities up to be an effective fighter, decent healer, and great buffer.

Now at 18th level:
http://correl.wikispaces.com/Grimnyrs+sheet
And he also has good saves across the board -- a good thing, too.

Every time a player in my current group slams bards as useless, I think of Grimnyr taking down liches, death knights, and fiendish dinosaurs. Then I have an enemy bard cast "shatter" on his dwarf's precious adamantine waraxe.

Darklone

Brother MacLaren said:
And he also has good saves across the board -- a good thing, too.

Every time a player in my current group slams bards as useless, I think of Grimnyr taking down liches, death knights, and fiendish dinosaurs. Then I have an enemy bard cast "shatter" on his dwarf's precious adamantine waraxe.
This build rocks. Friend of mine had a rather useless bard with low rolled hp, he added one level of barbarian, got some decent medium armour and a polearm... he already had strength 18 (and Con 10...)... With just one buff spell from a friendly wizard, this bard controled the battlefield from behind the groups tank (tower shield cleric).

High to hit bonus and Power Attack kills everything.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads