• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Off to War (always recruiting) OCC Year 2:

Theroc

First Post
And Theroc that did not help me at all Mr. Undecided. :p

HM

I like things that don't run out. Did you notice how I like to maximize my chance to hit with a stunning fist attack? I trip because I want to hit.
I don't want to fizzle my attacks missing an unhittable adversary. :p

Two 1/day abilities of the magnitude of a level 0 spell don't seem particularly useful. But, as I also said, they might be MORE useful, if I never run into ANYTHING with DR X/Magic.

So, I don't know which is better. It didn't help you because it didn't help me. More choices = more chances for me to be undecided.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Two zero lvl spells help you qualify for the PrC you wish to take. :p

Remeber I make things based on what ou or the group have. So if you have DR/magic than I will make it useful (it's my job), I would not throw a bunch of DR creatures into a game if you didn't have it and say, "See what you did by not taking it."

I want to progress your story but I need a hook to your lvl up. So I guess we need to wait till you decide. :confused:

HM

Theroc

First Post
Two zero lvl spells help you qualify for the PrC you wish to take. :p

Remeber I make things based on what ou or the group have. So if you have DR/magic than I will make it useful (it's my job), I would not throw a bunch of DR creatures into a game if you didn't have it and say, "See what you did by not taking it."

I want to progress your story but I need a hook to your lvl up. So I guess we need to wait till you decide. :confused:

HM

If I take a level of Duskblade, then I'd already meet the spontaneous casting requirement. If I do the 0 LA spells... the increased spells through the PrC are essentially wasted, because there really aren't many 0 level spells that are much use.

My main hitch with duskblade is the lack of synergy with what I've got currently. I suppose if I pick spells that allow no saves and bypass spell resistance(or are just buff spells), that will work fine.

As for the DR thing, I wasn't implying you'd throw them in BECAUSE I traded away the feature. I was more implying I cannot foresee whether or not the ability will be useful or not. As a general rule, I'd rather have reliable effectiveness than sporadic wildly effectiveness.

I did not realize your next post was relying on Aidan's level up stuff, since the fight wasn't even concluded yet... I'll try to think more on it.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Take your time I was going to imply some casting in your attacks (just what I don't know) And this fight is over LOL you just don't know you have won.

HM

_

Theroc

First Post
Take your time I was going to imply some casting in your attacks (just what I don't know) And this fight is over LOL you just don't know you have won.

HM

_

Casting=Stunning Fist.

I've been trying to get that Stunning fist to be a manifestation of Aidan's latent magical talents since his fight with Rathman! >.> I say it every time I use it. :p

That's why I finally decided to use it now, so Hooded Stranger could see the magic and know Aidan's a bit more than he realizes... (Since the stunning fists aren't necessarily a conscious effort on his part)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Using your stunning fist is what I have been waiting in since round one :p

When this guy sees the magic he will be stunned without you connecting LOL I just need to know what he sees.

Take your time Theroc with the Duet it seems you get XP way faster than everyone else so we are right on schedule.

HM

Theroc

First Post
Using your stunning fist is what I have been waiting in since round one :p

When this guy sees the magic he will be stunned without you connecting LOL I just need to know what he sees.

Take your time Theroc with the Duet it seems you get XP way faster than everyone else so we are right on schedule.

HM

So, you want me to add what it looks like? I didn't intend for it to be very visibly obvious, more something that anyone of magical ability could FEEL was magic if they were close enough to it. If anything it'd feel like a static charge around his foot as it passed by his head.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
No not the stunning fist that you are right is more felt than seen. I was talking about these "new abilities" - your lvl up - I am working on something that may surprise Tharivol's father. And adding fluff to your lvl up.

HM

_

Myth and Legend

First Post
Wait Lora is level 5? That means she gets 3rd level spells. :D

HM what on the whole Domain Wizard thing? Since it's in the SRD you can review the rules (and it's a good way to progress as a Genrealist)

I don't remember leveling to lvl 5, give me a ruling so i can progress. She gets 2 lvl 3 spells at level up anyway so i need to figure those out. Now the versatility of a Wizard will come in to play :)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
No ML I'm sorry Lora did not lvl up that was a "what I hope to see by Jan/Feb" post for the current game.

I will give domain wizards a more indepth look into in the next couple days (because I am off work) But my quick look didn't find anything wrong with the variant so far will have something concrete by WED nite.

HM

Remove ads