D&D 5E Official Locathah Playable Race Released

To help raise money for the Extra Life charity, WotC has released a 39-page PDF adventure called Locathah Rising, which also includes the locathah as a playable race. Locathah are fish-people. You can pick it up for $9.99.

Locathahs are for campaigns near coast, or al least a shelter with a cistern, for example pirates+swashbuckling fantasy.

* D&D is perfect for a "kid-friendly" campaign something like a spin-off of my little pony, something like the demiplane of the joy, a region what was part in a celestia plane, or the Akasha demiplane, created by the collectible memory of the sentient creatures...(and where fiction characters could live).

One, that's a great idea.

Two, just bring a bucket and learn the "create water" cantrip.
You would probably need more than a bucket, since by implication, they would need immersion in order to take a long rest.

The other problem is "Create Water" isn't a cantrip, it's a first level spell.

Adding an "Air Breathing" cantrip would be another solution.

I think the artificer would be more fun though.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
You would probably need more than a bucket, since by implication, they would need immersion in order to take a long rest.

The other problem is "Create Water" isn't a cantrip, it's a first level spell.

Adding an "Air Breathing" cantrip would be another solution.

I think the artificer would be more fun though.

Considering how short Locathah seem to be, I don't think carrying a bucket will be that big of a deal.

Crucial sea puppy on the cover.

The submerge in water every four hours definitely puts a limit on them, but getting advantage on a bunch of saves is pretty good. I think they're intended to be niche PCs, though. Otherwise, it would've been easy to reduce the number of saves they get advantage on and increase the time they can stay out of the water.

Remove ads

Remove ads