• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Official new address for the YB! (web) Generator and also YBA (web) Generator

Lady Diamond

First Post
Looks Very good Midknight, there's just one thing I'd suggest. You have a file called "bastard.css" that needs the URL within it changed to fit in with your current file structure. If you change the URL within the stylesheet (.css) so it can be found, you can lighten up the page and make it easier to read. You can open the .css file in notepad or Editpad or Frontpage and make your edits.

The URL in the .css file starts on the top line I believe and starts off with /.../.../bastard/img/bkg1.jpg and bkg2.jpg. It should be changed to /.../.../YOU BASTARD!_files/bkg1.jpg or bkg2.jpg, can't remember which one is which I think

Hope this makes sense, my brain isn't functioning too well right now ;)

Last edited:

MidKnight

First Post
Did that, but I'm not seeing any changes...

Am I missing something?

I've also thought about altering the text color to something a little friendlier to the eyes. Just need to find my color code lists again and play for a little bit...

Lady Diamond

First Post
Well... *takes brain out and plays with it*

I'm seein' the URL in the stylesheet as "YOU%20BASTARD!_files" an' you have it in the html as "YOU BASTARD!_files". That's the main thing that pops out at me right now.

Heh, I had to play with the stylesheet for a couple days before I figured it out the last time since I didn't know jack about stylesheets when I took over domain hosting for YB so don't feel bad.

Didya edit it with something that plugged in that "%20" where the space was?

MidKnight

First Post
I think the problem is a little deeper than just that Lady Diamond. It seems that the first background is being restricted to the confines of the area of the second background, therefore the second bg is effectively covering the entire first bg instead of leaving a pretty border around it. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about table position and sizing to figure out what needs to be changed. If you would be so kind as to send me a copy of the css file you are using - I can make the necessary changes to correct the version I'm using.

I think that the bg images are named backwards as well. But I'm going to check that in just a sec. :)

Thanks,
MidKnight

Lady Diamond

First Post
Eh, I can't use the java chat client from work and I don't have my "chat-top" with me tonight :( the thing that confuses me is that the stylesheet works fine on my domain and ya just copied the files and changed the directory structure, right? The stylesheet should work the same on yours as it did on mine, unless ya changed something other than the filenames.

MidKnight

First Post
Well, I've tried several different approaches now.

Rei e-mailed me the files first. That was what you saw originally.

Then you told me what changes to make, that didn't seem to make a difference.

Then I actually went to your site and grabbed the whole darned thing. When I view it "online" from your site - it looks fine. But as soon as I open up the files I saved from that site - it looks like what I have now. I made no changes.

I am thoroughly confused now...

Remove ads