• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Official new address for the YB! (web) Generator and also YBA (web) Generator

reiella

Explorer
Ya... the style sheet prolly is what's causing the problem. I just did a save html page as blah-blah and that's how ie decided to save it :x.

I believe gray can get tell us 'bout the last part. I also think we can just fully remove the style sheet all together.

graydoom

First Post
The space changing to %20 was never the problem... browsers automatically display spaces in web addresses as %20. Putting in the URL in the file as "You Bastard!_files" is the exact same as You%20Bastard!_files". No need to put the %20 in the HTML, because the user's browser will do that itself.

Now then, I'm unclear if a problem remains. To me, the YB page looks fine. Is there anything that still needs to be done or fixed? If there is, I can try to help, but I won't be fully available until later today, though I can try to offer some quick help in the next hour or so.

MidKnight

First Post
Well - the problem is that the marble-like background is supposed to fill the screen while the off-white background takes the place that the other currently occupies. This makes the text (orange) a LOT easier to read.

Check Lady Diamond's site for what it should look like...

graydoom

First Post
Ok, I found the problem. It was in the style sheet.

Due to the way Midknight re-arranged all the files into one directory, the old URL reference in the style sheet pointed to the wrong place. The fix for this is simple -- just replace the current text for body{} and table table {} in the style sheet with the following:

body { background-attachment: fixed;
background-image: url("bkg1.jpg");
background-repeat: repeat;
background-position: left top;
scrollbar-width: 1;
scrollbar-face-color: #888888;
scrollbar-shadow-color: #222222;
scrollbar-highlight-color: #CCCCCC;
scrollbar-3dlight-color: #CCCCCC;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #000000;
scrollbar-track-color: #444444;
scrollbar-arrow-color: #000000;}

table table { border: 1px solid #222222;
background-image: url("bkg2.jpg");}

That should fix the problem. If you need anything else, just ask here, I'll do what I can.

reiella

Explorer
Correction, due to how I put the file directory stuff from Save-As with IE (I hate css :p). MidKnight just got the files from me, so my fault for the screw up. Also will go update my test-gen with that now too.

[ Test generator page updated so it looks right, yay ]

Last edited:

MidKnight

First Post
OK folks - we are in business. Everything looks good here and I believe that I'm ready to take over the responsibility of being the primary web-gen host.

Hopefully all other updates will go smoothly. ;)

A big THANK YOU to Lady Diamond, Reiella, and Graydoom for their patience and help with getting this changed over. :D

MidKnight

The url (once again) is...

YB! Generator

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
The link to the former generator still works... Lady Diamond, will you take it down soon or should I just link to both generators?

edit: Which I'm currently doing. :D
And Rei, if you know the answer or see it here before I do, you're of course more than welcome to make any and all changes to the FAQ that you deem necessary. :) (Or mutilate it for the sheer fun of it if you like. ;))

Last edited:

Remove ads