• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Official new address for the YB! (web) Generator and also YBA (web) Generator

Lady Diamond

First Post
When ya grabbed files usin' "File Save As", it changed all the filenames within your html. It plugged in the directory structure of your hard drive (C:/yada/ayda/yada/etcetc) so it could use the images saved in the file folder, BUT... I'll betchya 5 bucks it didn't change the stylesheet... because what you're seeing is Exactly what I saw viewing the html and files on my hard drive.

I could only see the stylesheet formatting the html when I made sure all the URLs were correct in my html and the stylesheet When I Uploaded Everything to my site.

MidKnight

First Post
Just noticed something and I think it finally makes sense to me now...

The gen now looks fine while on my hard drive, but when uploaded it looks like the black and marble thing I've been getting... The urls for the files are correct for my computer, BUT when I check the urls that they have been uploaded to it has added the %20 to the addy where the space normally is.

I wonder if this is the problem...

I'm about to find out.

Keep fingers crossed! :)

Lady Diamond

First Post
If that doesn't work ya might try ripping the stylesheet coding out completely and changing the background color to something other than black. Like gray or something lighter.

MidKnight

First Post
So much for that idea.

It still (even after the changes) shows up fine on my desktop, but NOT on the site.

Out of ideas now.

Maybe someone will have an idea of what I can do to fix it in the morning. Gotta get at least a couple of hours of sleep before the kid gets up. ;)

Despite the frustration, this has actually been fun (boy am I weird huh?:) )

I'll check back after I eat breakfast...

Last edited:

MidKnight

First Post
Here's a silly question for ya...

I still haven't figured out how to remove stuff I've posted to my web page. I'm using Front Page, but it's not being very helpful right now.

Just want to try to remove it all from the page and try uploading from scratch - maybe it's not overwriting the stuff I've uploaded previously??

Lady Diamond

First Post
*chuckles* I know what ya mean :) I practically ripped out my hair tryin' to figure the whole stylesheet thing out, but once I got the gen page looking like KD had it, it made me want to learn more about stylesheets, they're actually pretty cool. Once you get a style set up how you like it then all ya have to do to revise it is just change the text you need to update, or change the background jpg's to change the look entirely.

While you're away I'll take another look at your site and see if anything else pops up that looks "odd".

*sticks brain back in head and orders it to Work*

Lady Diamond

First Post
Dude, get some sleep. What we're doin' here is cosmetic mostly 'cause the generator works, at least. Don't fry yourself over cosmetic-type stuff. ;)

To be honest, I've never used Frontpage for "real" site maintenance, I let my FTP proggie do that kind of work. FTP in and say "delete file" or whatever. I know Frontpage checks to see what has changed and then does modifications. Maybe you'll have to rename the file on your hard drive that you want to delete, so Frontpage will look at it on your website and say "it's gone", and delete it from the web site.

Last edited:

MidKnight

First Post
No worries - I'm usually up this late anywho (I exsist off of 4 hours sleep per night during the week:)) and I have enjoyed the challenge. But I think I've hit the limit on what I can do - until I get to the library tommorrow and find a book on web design...

hehe - never give up.

Lady Diamond

First Post
Okey dokey smokey, I took a look at the differences between my .css file and yours...

mine - url("../../bastard/img/bkg1.jpg")

yours - url(../../YOU%20BASTARD!_files/bkg1.jpg)

Do ya see something different there? Edit your .css file one more time and try putting in quotation marks in approximately the same positions that I have mine.

*crosses fingers*

Remove ads