Unearthed Arcana Official Unearthed Arcana Survey on Psionic Options Open Now

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
UA 33 without the wu jen and nomad and soulknife does it for me so far. It is a 5e approach on psionics which is usable for DS 5e. The feat stuff not. It might work for eberron but thats about it.
I actually thought that UA, with a few changes, would have worked well as a basis for the original Dragonlance sorcerer that had access to a few domains and was able to shape the magic on the fly.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
The rogue is fine other than them overestimating the power level of the blades themselves (it’s just summoning a d6 dagger. Big deal.), but the fighter is pretty meh.

Doesn’t play like Vader, doesn’t play like a psychic warrior.

Give it Catapult, at least. Preferably give it a lower leveled scaling telekinesis.

Sacrosanct

Legend
The rogue is fine other than them overestimating the power level of the blades themselves (it’s just summoning a d6 dagger. Big deal.), but the fighter is pretty meh.

Doesn’t play like Vader, doesn’t play like a psychic warrior.

Give it Catapult, at least. Preferably give it a lower leveled scaling telekinesis.

Id be curious to know the details on your experience playing the psychic fighter

doctorbadwolf

Id be curious to know the details on your experience playing the psychic fighter
Couple one shots.

But I knew it wouldn’t when it dropped. Vader throws stuff at enemies. The PW doesn’t.

I also didn’t really enjoy the subclass just as a psionic warrior. I got more out of slightly tweaking the ED to make sure they had all the Psionics themed spells, and could throw their weapon.

Did make me realize that I still strongly miss the 4e swordmage, and performing magic with my weapon, not as two separate things.

I think I’m gonna make a suite of new weapon based spells, make sure there are several at all levels that aren’t basically just “hit, add magic damage”.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The rogue is fine other than them overestimating the power level of the blades themselves (it’s just summoning a d6 dagger. Big deal.

The daggers bend the rules of the action economy, have no ammo restrictions, cannot be traced (no wounds from pshycic damage), can be snuck anywhere, bypass magical weapons needs, and psychic damage is not something that many things gave resistance to.

doctorbadwolf

The daggers bend the rules of the action economy, have no ammo restrictions, cannot be traced (no wounds from pshycic damage), can be snuck anywhere, bypass magical weapons needs, and psychic damage is not something that many things gave resistance to.
All of which adds up to a minor feature, sorry. It’s a returning finesse handaxe. Everything else is ribbon level stuff.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
All of which adds up to a minor feature, sorry. It’s a returning finesse handaxe. Everything else is ribbon level stuff.

Also worth noting, that the point of comparison for the two abilities including the knives in the touchstone Subclass, the Thief, is Fast Hands or Second-Story Work: if anything, the Soul Knife as presented is a bit OP, but is hasn't had the balance pass yet

Remove ads