Og: Unearthed

Cadfan

First Post
Things we learned:

1. A brontosaurus loves honey.
2. If no one understands you, yell the same thing louder.
3. stick = not-rock
4. A good way to give out experience in that game is to let everyone vote on each player's most memorable moment of that evening, then let them suggest and vote on new words related to that moment, and then have that player and only that player learn that new word. Ignore the rules for spreading new words to other players- the new word is their personal property.
5. Our new words were "slimy," "squish," "bang," and "precarious." For the character who learned "bang," it wasn't a new word per se, but it was appropriate enough that everyone liked it.
6. Coconuts and bee hives are both round things in trees, but they are not at all the same.
7. There are children. They have big, sad puppy dog eyes. They want you to give them your food. Won't you please give them your food?
8. Sometimes it better to succeed a little bit then to succeed a lot, because the DM might get creative.
9. What goes up, must come down. This includes coconuts, rocks, trees, cavemen, and a brontosaurus.

Crothian

First Post
Og is an RPG were you play cavemen in a non relaistic caveman world. I saw non realistice because there are dinsaurs and possible aliens. The RPG is simple yet brilliant. One of the great things it does is limit character words. Cavemen are not smart and don't have a full language so the words one knows are randomly determined and when playing you can only use those words. It is a very potentially funny game.

Cadfan

First Post
This was their briefing/backstory/mission:

"You wake up. Hungry! No food in cave!"

I'm pretty sure I can infinitely reuse that genius piece of writing.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
You go shiny stick thing! Stick thing shiny. Small stick thing big. Big verisimillitude. Ug.

Review of Og: Unearthed Edition - RPGnet

Og is an RPG were you play cavemen in a non relaistic caveman world. I saw non realistice because there are dinsaurs and possible aliens. The RPG is simple yet brilliant. One of the great things it does is limit character words. Cavemen are not smart and don't have a full language so the words one knows are randomly determined and when playing you can only use those words. It is a very potentially funny game.

Please tell me at least one of you would consider running this at GenCon.

Crothian, we never did finish off that pbp Og game via the Hive, did we?

Remove ads