Level Up (A5E) OGL, ORC, and LU: What now?

xiphumor

Legend
Is there any sense of what license future LU products will use? Will it be the ORC license or something else? Or will it continue to be under the OGL? And if the former what happens with material that was scheduled to come out soon like GPG 12? Will it be delayed until the ORC is published?

I have no idea how long these kinds of things take.

xiphumor

Legend
I ask, in part, because my article is up next in the GPG, and the copyright on that article returns to me a year after its publication (IIRC the contract correctly). I’m curious to understand how my article’s future licensing might be affected if it were to be published under another license.

I agreed to allow ENP to use my work back before any OGL drama went down, and I trust them to make ethical decisions about how to proceed. I’m just trying to get a picture of how everything looks.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I ask, in part, because my article is up next in the GPG, and the copyright on that article returns to me a year after its publication (IIRC the contract correctly). I’m curious to understand how my article’s future licensing might be affected if it were to be published under another license.

I agreed to allow ENP to use my work back before any OGL drama went down, and I trust them to make ethical decisions about how to proceed. I’m just trying to get a picture of how everything looks.
I'm not even sure I understand the question. No license isued by a third party can affect the rights returning to you.

Remove ads