• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OK, we have a problem [please read!]

Merkuri

Explorer
helium3 said:
Uhhh. I got an email telling me mine had expired. What gives?
Seonaid said:
Maybe you have to have email notification from admins turned on?

I think he's saying he did get an email but wasn't expecting it.

Helium3, did your account really expire, or do you still have a while?

sniffles

First Post
aboyd said:
For what it's worth, I might suggest not hiding the Community Supporter information. By that I mean, features are turned off unless you're a Community Supporter, but they don't tell you WHY. I tried to search and got a message about access levels. I tried to view all my own posts and got the same message. Nowhere did it say "this can be enabled with a $5 Community Supporter account you purchase here."

So you know what I thought? I thought, "site's broken." And then I didn't think about it anymore.

It might help to make it more obvious, and it doesn't have to be spammy. I mean, I could have used some information, and it would have been an honest service to me if the error messages could have shot me in the right direction.
This is a good idea. It might also be good to make it more obvious in other ways. Those with CS accounts can have custom user titles, but not all of them do. That doesn't make it readily apparent to newcomers that the CS accounts are available.

Perhaps CS users should get some kind of special icon that indicates they have CS accounts. This way other users can see there's a difference, instead of assuming that they are unable to change their user title or use the search function because of a system glitch.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Piratecat said:
Agreed! Emails about that make a ton of sense. If we can't implement them now, we'll definintely do so in the new software.

Technically, the system does send those emails out. Investigating why people don't get them is certainly worthwhile!

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Morrus said:
Technically, the system does send those emails out. Investigating why people don't get them is certainly worthwhile!
Might be the same reason I didn't get subscribed threads by e-mail?
I stopped subscribing to them by e-mail so I don't know if that problem still exists.

TheAuldGrump said:
Adventures are low on the list - they have to reach out and grab me, they need a serious hook. For Pathfinder (issue 1) that hook is the goblins, but WotBS does not have a hook that has a big enough worm, I guess.

So 'turn the tide of an epic fantasy war' isn't a good enough hook for you? Sheesh, what's a guy gotta do these days? ;)

Remove ads