OK, we have a problem [please read!]

After visiting this site so often, and for many years now I finally bought my first CS account. Sorry it took so long Russ. :eek: Hope it helps. I'd hate to see EN World disappear.

Olaf the Stout

javelin5

First Post
Just broke down and finally got a CSA...

I'm not much of a poster, but have always used this site as the best D&D 3/D20 resource site out there. So I should have put up some money before now.

My only suggestion, for CSA subscribers, create an annual funding report that shows how much you need to maintain the site for the rest of the year and what has been raised.

I also would chime in on at least biannually (if not quarterly, put the call out for CSA accounts/renewals).

By the numbers you gave us, it would only take 450 $20.00 (annual) accounts to maintain your server space, with some extra cash to continually improve the site. Hell that is what Yahoo charges for full feature email accounts.

Ideally if enough people annually purchased CSAs (don't know how much that would be) I would expect you to start paying yourself/others for some of their time maintaining/improving the website.

This site is too good a resource to see go away anytime soon.

Edit: Gee this is only my eighth post...

Xyanthon

First Post
Just signed up for my CSA. Where are you headed to in Italy Russ? I just moved to Vicenza a little over two weeks ago and am loving it. HAVE A GREAT TRIP!

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Well, I don't have money to just give away, but I can find some money in my gaming budget to purchase a subscription to War of the Burning Sky... so I did. I hope that helps a little bit.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Big update on the news page, folks! In short: immediate crisis averted, but more needed for long term stability - plus some fairly vital software and hardware upgrades.

JohnnFour

Explorer
Russ, I put an ad for Burning Sky in this week's newsletter. If you e-mail me text (480 chars or under) about ENWorld, CSA accounts, or anything else you'd like to advertise, I'd be happy to supply more ads in future issues.

Remove ads