OSR Old School Essentials Box Sets Kickstarter

Froderik

Explorer
I wonder if a book releases will be part of this if they get enough backers

I hope not. The Advanced books kickstarter was fun, especially getting some great stretch goals, but it unintentionally created much of the what-books-do-I-need confusion that plagues this product line. Plus, it took too long to fulfill. And, I've complained about this before in another venue, but I'll do it again: its a waste of Gavin's time to constantly focus on reprints of existing material. My (entirely selfish) hope is for Necrotic Gnome to get away from annually repackaging the core rules and to focus 100% of their time on finishing the Dolmenwood material, and produce other promised material for the product line. That said, I'll probably buy the classic box set again, just for the Erol Otus cover. (Darn nostalgia!)

reelo

Hero
It's a waste of Gavin's time to constantly focus on reprints of existing material.
My (entirely selfish) hope is for Necrotic Gnome to get away from annually repackaging the core rules and to focus 100% of their time on finishing the Dolmenwood material.

I'm pretty sure the logistics of reprints and KS are handled by Exalted Funeral now, at least more so than by Gavin Norman.

As for your selfish—but very understandable—hope that the writing for Dolmenwood advances steadily, it is shared by me and many many other people.

Froderik

Explorer
The latest Necrotic Gnome newsletter has more details about the Kickstarter. It looks like my desire for this to be quick and painless was ignored. My poor wallet.

A snippet from the newsletter:

"We [...] have loads of stretch goals lined up, including lots of content for your games:

• A series of mini-adventures written for Old-School Essentials by a team of fantastic writers.
• An expanded equipment list, featuring new adventuring gear, weapons, and armour.
New character classes and fantasy species.
• And more!"

Remove ads