Old School feel 5e Character sheet

Sean3DGuy

Explorer
I have just uploaded Old School feel 5e Character sheet to the downloads area.

I created this character sheet back while D&D Next was still in playtest. Updated for the final PHB rules. Used original fonts, some classic icons from the old Goldenrod sheets, and the border from the rare and awesome D&D Coloring Book. No electronic functionality; pencil on paper like Gary would have liked it.

You can find the file here in the downloads section. Please use this thread for comments.

flametitan

Explorer
Interesting. I do appreciate that it doesn't remove the Traits, ideals, bonds, flaws section that most of the unofficial sheets I've gathered seem to do. There's also a fair bit of "character" in the design, which helps it feel like more than just a glorified spreadsheet.

I wish it had a form fillable version, but I can make do without.

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
Hey, that's a nice character sheet. Great work, and thanks for sharing it.

It's not often I use sheets I didn't make myself, and this one has me wanting to gather up all the sheets of my various campaigns and copy them over to it.

manduck

Explorer
Great job! This is a lot of fun. I may just use this next time I get to be a player. My only concerns are that it's missing a spot to put the skill modifiers next to the skills (which is handy) and it could use an optional spell sheet, like the last page of the official character sheet. I like listing my characters spells and the page number on my sheet for quick reference, since I don't have all the sets of spell cards. For the spell cards I do have, it makes for a handy reference sheet when putting my cards together for the game. Over all, it looks awesome and has lots of information on it for race/class/background. Very cool.

Sean3DGuy

Explorer
Glad you liked it! I might put some tweaks to the Skills, as I kinda saw the same issue with no numbers, hafta work on that, it's small enough as it is! Been thinking about doing a Spell Sheet as well, since my wife likes recording all her spells too.

Sean3DGuy

Explorer
Yeah, me too. I dunno how to make a Form Fillable pdf, but suppose I could Google it! B-) For my characters, I just use AI, and overlay the text on it. Bit clunky, but it works.

manduck

Explorer
I love it! It really captures that old school look. If you do a spell sheet, you can move the spell DC list to that page. You can put a check box for prepared spells next to the spell list per level. Then you'll have plenty of extra room on the first page to space out your skills and put a place for number in. Just slide race traits and class features to the left to fill in that space. You may even have the room to list the saves out so people can fill in the save numbers too.

Sean3DGuy

Explorer
I love it! It really captures that old school look. If you do a spell sheet, you can move the spell DC list to that page. You can put a check box for prepared spells next to the spell list per level. Then you'll have plenty of extra room on the first page to space out your skills and put a place for number in. Just slide race traits and class features to the left to fill in that space. You may even have the room to list the saves out so people can fill in the save numbers too.

By Ohgma, I think you've got it! With a spellsheet, I don't need spell stuff on the Character sheet at all!

Looks good m8. I saw a few people request form fillable. I can do it for you if you want. Would only take about 20 min. I can also add any check boxes or features you want added in. I won't alter your work without your approval. Let me know, monsterworkbench@gmail.com

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases