D&D 5E Ome vs Emo D&D species

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Or Kender? ;)
Classic Kender absolutely fit. Remember, they are not thieves to themselves. Just like in the video the OP posted, others can get frustrated at how they perceive the actions or words of another without invalidating that they are ome. And Kender's sheer joy in discovery and curiosity, as well as their whole general outlook, qualifies in spades. They generally only have positive emotions, Tasslehoff learning more was outside the experience of normal Kender.

I haven't read any Dragonlance published in the 20xx, so if that's changed I don't know.

Classic Kender absolutely fit. Remember, they are not thieves to themselves. Just like in the video the OP posted, others can get frustrated at how they perceive the actions or words of another without invalidating that they are ome. And Kender's sheer joy in discovery and curiosity, as well as their whole general outlook, qualifies in spades. They generally only have positive emotions, Tasslehoff learning more was outside the experience of normal Kender.

I haven't read any Dragonlance published in the 20xx, so if that's changed I don't know.

Okay I'm sold Kender are Ome too.

Here is how they are described in 5e now:
During the mythical origins of Krynn, Reorx, god of craft, indulged in an age of unfettered creation. Many peoples sprang from his divine forge, but not all among them remained as the god created them. Altered by unbridled magic, a group of gnomes were transformed and given almost supernatural curiosity and fearlessness. These were the first kender.

Originating on the world of Krynn, kender are diminutive Humanoids who look like humans with pointed ears and diverse appearances. Kender have a supernatural curiosity that drives them to adventure. Due to this inquisitiveness, many kender find themselves falling through portals to other planes and worlds.

Kender sometimes amass impressive collections of curiosities. Some might collect mundane knickknacks or relics from magical sites, while others might become professional thieves.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
What about the Ghostwise Halflings?
They're emome. They want to spread cheer to the rest of the universe because of how depressed they personally are.

Or Kender? ;)
They're the scene equivalent of ome: enecs. Not really ome, but they're super committed to the idea they are, up until they st--BORROW everything important to you and then sweetly ask how you could POSSIBLY be mad about their COMPLETELY innocent actions.

"Your (insert personal item) must have fallen into my belt pouch." "You dropped this and I was just saving it for you." "I wonder who this belongs to?" 😋

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
They're the scene equivalent of ome: enecs. Not really ome, but they're super committed to the idea they are, up until they st--BORROW everything important to you and then sweetly ask how you could POSSIBLY be mad about their COMPLETELY innocent actions.
Which seems to have nothing at all to do with the description of ome as given in the video. If anything, the video explicitly disclaims that how others are annoyed by you is not a factor in being an ome.

I read the thread title as talking about the elmo D&D species.

1689912986046.png

Remove ads